Horrible Version of Swiftkey

petrosil

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
This is nothing like the Android version of Swiftkey. Honestly I think this version sucks. There is no long press at all, no arrow key option, no number line option and for the iPad no Flow. I am totally disappointed.

I wonder-did Apple dictate that they had to have this lame layout? Will Swiftkey have a pay version coming up that enables the great keyboard available to Android users?

Anybody else familiar with the other version feel letdown too?

P.S. I paid the $.99 for the Swype keyboard and when I picked the 'Dark Version' in the options it had the long press buttons available. You can also swype the letters on the iPad with it. I definitely prefer this to Swiftkey.

Last edited:

Camilo Diaz

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Before getting mi 5S, I was a long time Android user (from Galaxy S to Nexus 4, so that's roughly three cycles and the same full Android version upgrades). One of the things that kept me from jumping to iPhone at the 5 lauch, and cope with Android one more cycle,was Swiftkey. Mind you, I paid for the app (somewhat 3 or 4 dollars, don't remember). It was that amazing. But the iOS free version has a few issues that made me find it, for a lack of a better word, lame:
1) Some bug makes Message unable to scroll down to the last message when Swiftkey is activated
2) The landscape mode is buggy: many times it showed the keyboard at the upper half of the screen, leaving a grey area below
3) When sending a picture to Messages, using Swiftkey, it didn't allow me to type in the contact, thus making it impossible for me to send the picture.
4) One of the greatest features of the Android version was the numeric keyboard. Non existent in iOS version
5) I find that the prediction weren't that natural as the ones on Android. Since I gave extensive use of the thing at Android, with the same account, it should have to "re- learn". I think they missed a huge way of hooking old Android users. This, of course, might be a subjective thing.

Well, that's my two cents. Thing is, when they launch the "full" (paid) version - assuming they will - I don't know for sure if I will buy it.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
This has nothing to do with Apple. I'm sure app updates will bring missing features. I'm missing the key type click sound. Wonder why that's missing

himmatsj

May 5, 2014
Visit site
There are two things that are great about Swiftkey for me. Sadly only one is present on the iPad.

Present: Ability to type 4-5 words without spacing, then hit spacebar to get them to auto space out. Or I can clumsily type 3 words with a few errors without spacebar, and hitting spacebar will correct the words and insert spaces.

Not present: Ability to long-press to get the number keys and symbols/punctuations.

Ultimately, with Swiftkey lagging as well, I decided to just go back to the stock Apple keyboard.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal