All,

I am new to IOS and can't for some kind of reference manual(How to) for IOS 8. What I do get is outlines of what is new to IOS. I am unable to find anything on how to use (features and all) IOS 8 for beginners. When I look for IOS 7 I get outlines of differences from IOS 6.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
    A.B.
    09-17-2014 07:10 PM
    I got so burnt by IOS7 that I decided to only upgrade my iTouch at first. And so far, I am very pleasantly surprised. I like it a lot and I will upgrade my iPad Air.
    09-17-2014 07:12 PM
    There's an app that says tips open and look trough there, theres a link that says learn more about ios 8.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    09-17-2014 07:23 PM
    Yes iOS 8 came with a Tips app as well as going to the iMore blog there posting by the hour about the iOS 8 features
    09-17-2014 07:34 PM
    There's already a bunch of articles on iMore that can tell you about the features of iOS 8 and a quick walk through.
    09-17-2014 08:07 PM
    All,

I am new to IOS and can't for some kind of reference manual(How to) for IOS 8. What I do get is outlines of what is new to IOS. I am unable to find anything on how to use (features and all) IOS 8 for beginners. When I look for IOS 7 I get outlines of differences from IOS 6.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
    A.B.
    Apple published this iOS 8 guide today in iBooks:

View In iTunes
    kataran and Lawns like this.
    09-17-2014 08:08 PM
    WHOAHHHHH I decided to update my iPad Air now instead of tomorrow and it says "time remaining: 6 hours"
    09-17-2014 08:31 PM
    So I'm stuck in one of those screamingly boring meetings, I'm playing on my iTouch 5th gen on IOS8 and loving it. ber fast and the battery life is awesome. I love this!!! 😍
    kataran likes this.
    09-17-2014 10:43 PM
    I have noticed a bump in battery life as well. Hopefully it's not a temporary thing.

LOL at the ios predictive text lines, when I wrote "temporary" it predicted "restraining order" - something I've NEVER typed. Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.0 while impatiently waiting for my 6+ using Tapatalk
    09-17-2014 10:46 PM
    It does bug me how apple added 4 more auto install apps you can't delete. IPhones don't have carrier bloatware like android does but they're starting to get apple bloatware

Sent from my Bamboo and Orange Moto X
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    09-17-2014 10:52 PM
    It does bug me how apple added 4 more auto install apps you can't delete. IPhones don't have carrier bloatware like android does but they're starting to get apple bloatware

Sent from my Bamboo and Orange Moto X
    Just stick them in a folder with the others. Not much you can do with them if you don’t want to use them.
    09-18-2014 12:18 AM
    Really like it. Should look better on the i6/i6+

...via iPad from TapaTalk...
    09-18-2014 12:23 AM
    I gotta admit, there are some really nice new features, but the OS feels pretty much the same (which is not a complaint, believe me, I was totally satisfied with iOS 7). I'm a little surprised at how many settings were reset when iOS 8 finally installed though...things you'd normally need to turn off if you WANTED it off were set to off by default (OS transparency for instance).
    09-18-2014 12:31 AM
    All of my keyboard shortcuts have been deleted. Has anyone had the same issue?
    09-18-2014 02:10 AM
    I gotta admit, there are some really nice new features, but the OS feels pretty much the same (which is not a complaint, believe me, I was totally satisfied with iOS 7). I'm a little surprised at how many settings were reset when iOS 8 finally installed though...things you'd normally need to turn off if you WANTED it off were set to off by default (OS transparency for instance).
    I second that plus apps like iBooks I won't use that feel as bloat wear to me. I come from Android and boat wear really annoyed me on some devices.
    I only have a 8gb phone and was not amused to see I missed about 700mb after installing IOS 8, but did a clean install later (setup as new) and restored my backup and I gained some space.
    09-18-2014 08:12 AM
    i like it ok so far, i'm really peeved that they removed raise to speak for siri so i won't be using siri anymore unless they bring it back but other than that it's pretty good so far.
    09-18-2014 08:42 AM