Not enough space to download iOS 8

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
IYou know, I heard the same said regarding screen size, now look where we are. Steve Jobs was always the one who shot down the 'standard' ideas proposed by his colleagues. The one with the true vision. Now he's gone, don't for a minute think Apple will not - over time - cave in to certain mass-market standards. In this day and age, they can only go so far without including features other manufacturers take for advantage before it becomes completely non-viable to omit such things. A case and point example is screen-size. Jobs would never have allowed a 5.5-inch iPhone to reach market. NEVER. Yet here we are. So to presume expandable memory is not a possibility is a bit presumptuous.

Interesting. The bigger screen is here, and still no SD card slot or LED. I stand by my answer.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I just deleted all music from my device yesterday.

1. Connect device to iTunes
2. Go to Music Tab and uncheck SYNC
3. It will tell you that all music will be deleted from your device. (This won't remove the music from iTunes)
4. Then to add the music back once youre done the OS upgrade, connect your device to iTunes and check the SYNC all music. It will add it back to the device.

If you connected to iTunes you might as well have just updated from there.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
If you connected to iTunes you might as well have just updated from there.

No home internet. In any case, I didn't delete my music to make room to update the OS. I did it for other reasons.

In any case I was just answering the question, " how do I delete the music from my phone and then add it back on."

Originally Posted by mbarrett635
How do I delete music and sync it back? I can't find any way to delete it from iTunes on my iPhone, and of course if I delete it from iTunes on my computer, it's gone for good.

Last edited:

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple will add an micro SD card slot to iPhone at the same time they add that annoying LED notification thing. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Technically there is an LED Notification light, since you can set the LED Flash to blink when there is a Notification.

Settings > General > Accessability, Under Hearing there is LED Flash for Alerts

Roland

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No home internet. In any case, I didn't delete my music to make room to update the OS. I did it for other reasons.

In any case I was just answering the question, " how do I delete the music from my phone and then add it back on."

Originally Posted by mbarrett635
How do I delete music and sync it back? I can't find any way to delete it from iTunes on my iPhone, and of course if I delete it from iTunes on my computer, it's gone for good.

I didn't mean you specifically. It was just in general.