Since loading the GM I my phone has not backed up on it's on nightly.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Since loading the GM I my phone has not backed up on it's on nightly. Anyone else having automatic iCloud backup issues?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems fine. Are you doing a manual one? I noticed that if I do a manual one that day it doesn't do it automatically but will the following day

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Not doing manual backups. I've always done auto backup and I occasionally check and it always has a backup from the night before. My last backup now is from the 11th which was the day I installed the GM

I'm going to delete my current backup and see if it goes through tonight.

zmsox

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
ive checked now, all is ok.

question: tonight ios 8 will roll out, can we update over the air, when we are on the GM?

thanks.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
ive checked now, all is ok.

question: tonight ios 8 will roll out, can we update over the air, when we are on the GM?

thanks.

The GM is what's rolling out today. You won't need to do anything. You can update OTA on future updates

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not doing manual backups. I've always done auto backup and I occasionally check and it always has a backup from the night before. My last backup now is from the 11th which was the day I installed the GM

I'm going to delete my current backup and see if it goes through tonight.

So how did it go?

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
So how did it go?

I ended up deleting my backup and starting a fresh new one so I did a manual backup. Tonight's should be automatic. BUT I'm having a little issue with battery drain and the phone being warm so I might have other sw problems. With my new phone only two days away I think I'll just let it go and start clean with my iP6. My wife will get my iP5s so I'll see how it behaves when she takes it.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Just checked. Mine is backing up fine on the 5s running the GM.

There've been a few slowdowns on my phone, but I think that's just because the optimized apps haven't rolled out from all. For instance, the Facebook app is awful right now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox