Hello guys

I currently own an iPhone 5S, iPad Air and an iPad Mini Retina. I tried the iOS 8 GM on my iPad Air and I noticed a huge drop in the performance just like what happened to my original iPad Mini when I updated to iOS 7.

Now the problem that I use the iPad Air for college, nothing else. I need to voice record lectures on it using Evernote and maybe sometimes browse Safari or Facebook while recording. I can already do this on iOS 7.1.2 but on iOS 8 GM I am not able to achieve this all times, sometimes it works just fine with the iPad Air experiencing minor lag and sometimes it goes crazy with everything crashing even stock/native apps.

I hate using a leggy phone too. It kills me, and I am not planning to upgrade to iPhone 6, or 6 Plus unless I get it as a gift from family of course, other than this I am sticking with my iPhone 5S till a 6S Plus comes out maybe next year.

Now, I was using a GM which should be a copy cat of what's releasing tomorrow, but I also believe that all apps were still the iOS 7 version including some apps which affected the performance, so my question is. If I update my devices to iOS 8 will I be able to restore than to iOS 7.1.2 later if I didn't like the performance, or Apple will stop signing iOS 7.1.2 as soon as iOS 8 is released?
    09-16-2014 03:49 PM
    They'll stop signing probably like an hour into the release.

I'd downgrade now and just wait for the most critical apps I need to be updated for iOS 8.
    09-16-2014 04:52 PM
    Hello guys

I currently own an iPhone 5S, iPad Air and an iPad Mini Retina. I tried the iOS 8 GM on my iPad Air and I noticed a huge drop in the performance just like what happened to my original iPad Mini when I updated to iOS 7.

Now the problem that I use the iPad Air for college, nothing else. I need to voice record lectures on it using Evernote and maybe sometimes browse Safari or Facebook while recording. I can already do this on iOS 7.1.2 but on iOS 8 GM I am not able to achieve this all times, sometimes it works just fine with the iPad Air experiencing minor lag and sometimes it goes crazy with everything crashing even stock/native apps.

I hate using a leggy phone too. It kills me, and I am not planning to upgrade to iPhone 6, or 6 Plus unless I get it as a gift from family of course, other than this I am sticking with my iPhone 5S till a 6S Plus comes out maybe next year.

Now, I was using a GM which should be a copy cat of what's releasing tomorrow, but I also believe that all apps were still the iOS 7 version including some apps which affected the performance, so my question is. If I update my devices to iOS 8 will I be able to restore than to iOS 7.1.2 later if I didn't like the performance, or Apple will stop signing iOS 7.1.2 as soon as iOS 8 is released?
    I doubt that Apple continues signing iOS 7.1.2 after Friday at the absolute latest. If you’re going to go back, do it now.
    09-16-2014 05:05 PM
    I doubt that Apple continues signing iOS 7.1.2 after Friday at the absolute latest. If youre going to go back, do it now.
    I am on 7.1.2 already but wanted to give iOS 8 a chance before I take a final decision :/
    09-16-2014 05:30 PM
    As we all have noticed the Developers have been updating there apps at a swift pace ahead of this release.
    09-16-2014 05:48 PM
    I am on 7.1.2 already but wanted to give iOS 8 a chance before I take a final decision :/
    If you go forward, there’s always the risk that you won’t be able to get back.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    09-16-2014 06:26 PM