Official 'Waiting for iOS 8' Party Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiino

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Couldn't wait till tomorrow, I just had to put GM. And so far so good on 5c. Love predictive tipping smilies are little more ... shining..
Overall don't se much of a difference over ios7. Battery still the same..
So far my biggest "don't understand it quite" is the wifi calling. Now is it something like viber call or is it just replace cell signal with wifi?
With viber call I mean free of charge even in roaming or is it just swapping better signal and still us your free minutes, credit and ctr..

mikeraboy

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
For me it's not the six. I would like to have it , but it's not a Great Leap Forward,just a larger screen and sharper image. For me it's ios8. This will be a big step forward. I will wait until the accessories that I use ,catch up. IPro lenses, Olloclip, and Snappgrip etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk,
Mike Raboy

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Is it safe to install the GM, or should I just wait until 6pm UK time and install it via the official route?

Roland

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
It's safe but a at this point you might as well wait. If you wait you can do it as an OTA update. If you install the GM, its a full restore via iTunes.

I've had trouble with OTA updates in the past that have meant that I've had to do Restores via iTunes so was planning on using iTunes anyway.

I take it that using the GM will not have any problems with future iOS 8 updates OTA or via an iTunes update?

Roland

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I am in UK too. What I can't understand is that you have waited so long for iOS8 to be released officially and six and a half HOURS to go, you can't wait any longer and want to install the GM.

That makes me chuckle.

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
My work is seriously dragging today! Will probably pay to wait till the morning anyway if ios 7 was anything to go by

Posted via iMore App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW