Official 'Waiting for iOS 8' Party Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Will ios8 make my iPhone 5s run sluggish. I remember when downloading iOS 7 it made my 4s run slow. I have a 5s 32 gig vs 4s 16 gig

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Waiting for the official IOS 8 to get here.

iOS 8 been test on my 5S and it's sluggish it's not worth installing until a .01 version so I've downgraded it. It's always crashing.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
even though Apple says the new iOS every year are compatible with a lot of other devices, if it will run more smoothly on newer devices. I can't afford to get the iPhone plus since I'm in contract

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
even though Apple says the new iOS every year are compatible with a lot of other devices, if it will run more smoothly on newer devices. I can't afford to get the iPhone plus since I'm in contract

Just don't update until you get multiple feedback from here and other places if it worries you that much. It runs fine on my 5S and it isn't "sluggish." The 4S and 5S are two completely different powered devices. The 5S is ridiculously over powered.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Will ios8 make my iPhone 5s run sluggish. I remember when downloading iOS 7 it made my 4s run slow. I have a 5s 32 gig vs 4s 16 gig

Not at all. I’ve been running the beta software since beta 1 on a 4S and a 5S. Didn’t notice any specific sluggishness on the 4S, and certainly not on the 5S.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Just don't update until you get multiple feedback from here and other places if it worries you that much. It runs fine on my 5S and it isn't "sluggish." The 4S and 5S are two completely different powered devices. The 5S is ridiculously over powered.

I seem to always read the reviews. I were just wondering

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Is it accurate to say that IOS 8 although available to i4s, i5, i5s and i5c comes in a slightly different version tailored to each device? Would the same version that is installed on an i4s be the same version that's installed on an i6? Seems they would be configured slightly differently to be compatible to each hardware set.

bellifritz

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Is it accurate to say that IOS 8 although available to i4s, i5, i5s and i5c comes in a slightly different version tailored to each device? Would the same version that is installed on an i4s be the same version that's installed on an i6? Seems they would be configured slightly differently to be compatible to each hardware set.

You have to download the version for your specific device. I'm running iOS 8 gm and I had to download the one for iPhone 5 a1428. There was also a version for a1429 which is cdma from my understanding. It will all be detected by iTunes and you will get the right version automatically once the public version is released in a couple days.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
You have to download the version for your specific device. I'm running iOS 8 gm and I had to download the one for iPhone 5 a1428. There was also a version for a1429 which is cdma from my understanding. It will all be detected by iTunes and you will get the right version automatically once the public version is released in a couple days.

That's what I thought so for someone to say iOS8 would run sluggishly on an older model phone isn't entirely true because each version is tailored to each devices capabilities.

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Waiting for the official IOS 8 to get here.

Gonna try to hold out a few days, never do tho ... I always end up reading about it upon 6pm release and then get to work the following day and give in and download!! Got a 5c and don't want to be stuck with a battery life complaint for a year.. Every update gets complaints of this however I've been ok all the while fingers crossed

Will it be 6pm UK time again?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
That's what I thought so for someone to say iOS8 would run sluggishly on an older model phone isn't entirely true because each version is tailored to each devices capabilities.

It may still run sluggishly. But yes, there are device specific versions of iOS for each device. There are even variations of iOS 8 for iPhone 5S, depending on the actual model number.

Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 4.59.38 PM.png

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Good info. Didn't realize there were different model #'s for the same device. How do you find your model #?

Take your case off, flip it over and read the coding on the back. Typically the model number is on the right end of the top line - at least for iPhone 5/5S.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Take your case off, flip it over and read the coding on the back. Typically the model number is on the right end of the top line - at least for iPhone 5/5S.

Ah, I see it. I'm rollin' with an A1428 i5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.