Which apps have been updated for iOS 8?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
This isn't about what apps work for the beta, but which apps have actually been updated for iOS 8.

I'm asking because whenever I open my Chase banking app, it states:

The new way to pay
Soon you can enjoy all the benefits and security of your Chase Visa Card with Apple Pay on iPhone 6.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
This isn't about what apps work for the beta, but which apps have actually been updated for iOS 8.

I'm asking because whenever I open my Chase banking app, it states:

The new way to pay
Soon you can enjoy all the benefits and security of your Chase Visa Card with Apple Pay on iPhone 6.

A bug in the app maybe, I mean, banking apps can't force all users to use Apple Pay since not all users own or will own the iPhone 6 series which is the only series features with Apple Pay. Apps after detecting the type of device it's installed on, say iPhone 5 and if it still tells you about Apple Pay, is an annoying bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
A bug in the app maybe, I mean, banking apps can't force all users to use Apple Pay since not all users own or will own the iPhone 6 series which is the only series features with Apple Pay. Apps after detecting the type of device it's installed on, say iPhone 5 and if it still tells you about Apple Pay, is an annoying bug.

No bug. It wasn't forcing me. Just seemed like it was already updated and once I got an iPhone 6, I'd be able to use it. Thought Apple pay was coming next month.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
So what if you don't get an iPhone 6 but decide to go another year with you current iPhone either 5s or lower? The app should always force you to embraces new way to pay via apple pay? A bug for sure

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure it's not gonna always be there. It can't be a bug if they know the iPhone 6 isn't out yet. Just a way to let people know it's only the 6.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't think any apps will be officially published before next Wednesday. A few may sneak through though. The chase app was updated about a week ago, so the iPhone 6 and Apple Pay weren't even official back then. The most likely scenario is that you are seeing an in-app advertisement which was pushed from Chase's servers. Lots of apps contain portions of ads or banners that are actually pulled down from a server and can be changed slightly without updating the app itself.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
LastPast and Google Maps just got updated.
LP now has touch id integration but I'm not thrill with the way it works (doesn't replace the functionality of the pin code for the app).

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with the program (not an app) called ibackupbot with IOS 8? It works great for showing the mah and (life) left on the battery.. but I have an iPhone 5, and when I installed IOS 8 both iBackupBot, and the app Battery Doc show the battery life at 1500mah and it does not move, considering the iPhone 5 has a 1440mah battery in it I am not so sure it is working? When I restored back to 7.1.2, both the app and the program work correctly again.. Has anyone else experienced this?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
That's what I'm looking forward to the most. I use the app a lot and have to input my long password to get in each and every time.

Mine is pretty short and that's because I don't want to type it in all the time but with TouchID, I'll be able to use my fingerprint instead. Can't wait.

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
iTranslate has just been updated - now optimised for iP6 and Plus, and now includes widgets for the Today view.

LastPass was updated yesterday and now includes the ability to use Touch ID to log in on the device.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Read an article today and it sounds like Apple is having some problems with the signing process for iOS 8 apps. The apps are getting published to the store, but the iOS 8 extensions are not functioning. Omnifocus would probably be one of the higher profile names to have recognized this bug: https://twitter.com/kcase/status/511668057421266944

The signing problem in the App Store was fixed overnight. All the extensions are working now but require you to redownload any apps you got before this morning.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR