Which apps have been updated for iOS 8?

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Optimized / support for iOS 8 does not mean updated for iOS 8.

A lot of apps have started pushing updates so that they work on launch day but none of the apps have actually been "updated" for iOS 8.

A good example is Amazon - it says that you can now use Touch ID to login. I'm on iOS 8 GM and haven't figured out how to use it yet. I think they are waiting for the official release to push the update through.

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Optimized / support for iOS 8 does not mean updated for iOS 8.

A lot of apps have started pushing updates so that they work on launch day but none of the apps have actually been "updated" for iOS 8.

A good example is Amazon - it says that you can now use Touch ID to login. I'm on iOS 8 GM and haven't figured out how to use it yet. I think they are waiting for the official release to push the update through.

The app I'm referring to was updated today with specific reference to being able to use the widget functionality in that release (wouldn't make sense to release another update later today/tomorrow). If Apple completely fixed their signing issue last night, this app should now be functioning correctly, but it isn't. I also still have an AppStore bug, so unless Apple release something different from the GM, I'd suggest there's still a few issues that need to be addressed ASAP.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
That's strange. I wonder if it's app specific or a regional problem. Maybe they haven't re-signed everything yet.
What if you try an app like Kitchen Stories or News Republic (both free and have widgets)? Do they show the appropriate widgets for you?

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
That's strange. I wonder if it's app specific or a regional problem. Maybe they haven't re-signed everything yet.
What if you try an app like Kitchen Stories or News Republic (both free and have widgets)? Do they show the appropriate widgets for you?

Kitchen Stories actually did. Could be app specific (if they've implemented something incorrectly), but seeing a few stories of various apps not working (when they should at the mo). I'm sure once the public release goes live,we'll start hearing the masses complaining if something's not quite right and then we'll probably begin to understand where the actual problem lies.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Kitchen Stories actually did. Could be app specific (if they've implemented something incorrectly), but seeing a few stories of various apps not working (when they should at the mo). I'm sure once the public release goes live,we'll start hearing the masses complaining if something's not quite right and then we'll probably begin to understand where the actual problem lies.

Yup, hopefully it's mostly ironed out before then. It's possible they just haven't re-signed all the apps yet, but the good news is at least some of them are working that weren't last night. Will have to wait and see how it plays out.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Thought I would see a lit of updates last night and this morning, but not much. Yesterday was only united airlines, scant, good reader & telus optik remote. Disappointed that 1password didn't get updated yet.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Asphalt 8 has been updated with the new metal API for A7 devices & up
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410974740.575570.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member