Swiftkey for iOS 8

petrosil

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just read the article for the upcoming Swiftkey keyboard and after looking at the picture I'm really wondering if it's going to be any better than the original lame Apple keyboard. I've been using Swiftkey on Android for a couple of years and love it. However the pictures of the iOS version don't show any long press keys. Can that be true? That would be a terribly crippled version of the best keyboard I've ever used.

Anyone think that we're not seeing the final product?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, but from what I've read, the app is finished and will be released as soon as the official iOS 8 goes live or shortly thereafter. We know then..:)

sethjk

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Considering the big switch to IOS and swiftkey was a big reason why. I LOVE having long press options and a number row on my GS4. Really hoping they bring these to IOS. Don't see why they couldn't.

First IMORE Post!!!

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I think it's quite likely that it will have the long press feature along with most if not all of the other features from the Android version. There's no technical reason that it's not possible, so it just comes down to how faithful they want to be to their original Swiftkey.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
There are symbols and numbers on the keys that you can access with a long press. Similar to the stock iOS keyboard except that they actually show the symbols on the keys.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if it's like the SwiftKey Note app. I have used that some for long emails and blogs.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Swiftkey is one thing I miss from Android, for sure. I loved my Swiftkey keyboard and it was always the first thing I installed when I got a new android device. I'm looking forward to reports of whether it is similar to the android version because it'll speed me up a lot with long press, etc. it's been years since I've used it but I always felt it was a little more intuitive than the stock keyboard from back then (and I always felt it was a little better than the iOS keyboard).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Dumb question, but will a third party keyboard support the shortcuts I've made in my native keyboard? Thanks.
Using SwiftKey will be like having short cuts for all words. Sort of. You type 2 letters and you see several possible words to pick. We'll see soon enough.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Will Swiftkey be available the same time iOS 8 is released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read via RSS feed this morning that it is all set to be released "today". Whether that's true remains to be seen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711