Swiftkey for iOS 8

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I read some of the reviews and most everyone is saying, NOT a keyboard app, can't be used as keyboard but only as text program. Maybe that's why it's not showing as keyboard. There's no way to add as keyboard. I downloaded it and there is no way to add as keyboard as I can find. Maybe someone else can figure it but myself, I see no way to add it as a keyboard. I use these 2 keyboards, Swiftkey Keyboard and Swype. I'm using Swift at this moment because I like it better. This one seems to be easier to use than Swype but I use Swype some, just need to practice more with it. Doesn't seem as accurate as Swift but that's just me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Well hell, after using Swype for a couple of days, I like Swype better. Seems to have better word prediction after using it. Gonna stick with Swype.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Well hell, after using Swype for a couple of days, I like Swype better. Seems to have better word prediction after using it. Gonna stick with Swype.

I agree I like the Swype keyboard a lot better than Swiftkey. But they still have issues with inputting in certain situations. I hope that they get these issues resolved. I'm not sure if it is an iOS 8 issues or issue with the keyboards themselves. On Android these keyboards work flawlessly. And that's what I was hoping for with iOS but so far that hasn't been the case.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Deleted it this morning - utterly infuriating! If it was installed with the default keyboard, I would just get the default keyboard all the time (despite SK being prioritised above it in the keyboard settings. If I deleted the stock keyboard, I wouldn't get any keyboard in most apps. Might go back if they sort the issues out in the next week or two.

exactly what I found. Really stupid

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I know this is an OLD thread, but is anyone still using Swiftkey as their primary keyboard?

Biggest issue for me is the fact that it will sometimes hangup and not popup when I tap on a spot to input text in it. Other than that I think it works pretty well for me.

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I recently stopped using it got annoyed that the stock keyboard would pop up instead sometimes and also when ever it came to filling out a form online sometimes it wouldn't take my writing from swiftkey but it would take it from the stock keyboard that was a hassle as well I'm sure it will eventually be great iOS barley started allowing 3rd party keyboards so of course it's not gonna be as a move as android

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an OLD thread, but is anyone still using Swiftkey as their primary keyboard?

Biggest issue for me is the fact that it will sometimes hangup and not popup when I tap on a spot to input text in it. Other than that I think it works pretty well for me.

I do.

I recently stopped using it got annoyed that the stock keyboard would pop up instead sometimes and also when ever it came to filling out a form online sometimes it wouldn't take my writing from swiftkey but it would take it from the stock keyboard that was a hassle as well I'm sure it will eventually be great iOS barley started allowing 3rd party keyboards so of course it's not gonna be as a move as android

That's Apple's issue, it's a flaw with iOS right now. It happens with all 3rd party keyboards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh