Swiftkey for iOS 8

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if it's already been said, but there's something missing in the keyboard that's huge! You can't use it while replying to an actionable notification on the lock screen. That also means that if you want to keep the little globe uncluttered, you can't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I mentioned that earlier, and this is a HUGE downer for me. Totally gave up my Jailbreak combo of Auki w/ Nin keyboard. Oh well I would have lost it Friday when my i6+ arrives lol. Hopefully they fix this soon!

AmazingGraceTx

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to rethink my need for swiftkey. The native keyboard does pretty much the same thing and seems to have my typing habits already down. Plus I can use my keyboard shortcuts. I think I might delete it for now. Anyone else come to the same conclusion?

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to rethink my need for swiftkey. The native keyboard does pretty much the same thing and seems to have my typing habits already down. Plus I can use my keyboard shortcuts. I think I might delete it for now. Anyone else come to the same conclusion?

Coming to the same conclusion as well, but with swype. probably go back to stock keyboard for now.

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that's concerned about the need of the app to transmit all keystrokes, even past keystrokes before the app was installed to the developers. Seems like it could open folks up to a real privacy concern if privacy and security of the info contained in that data is not held to a high standard.

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

Yep same here. It does the same thing as the native keyboard and I find that it's just too big. I'll probably try out other keyboards as they get released, but for now I'm sticking with the iOS one.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one that's concerned about the need of the app to transmit all keystrokes, even past keystrokes before the app was installed to the developers. Seems like it could open folks up to a real privacy concern if privacy and security of the info contained in that data is not held to a high standard.

The only 2 keyboard apps I trust is swype & swift key. The reason I do is because I used them when I was on android and there was no issues or data leaks whatsoever. However, I did my homework at that time and read the app reviews in the play store and researched online about them.

For the other keyboard apps that will show up in the app store, research them out on the internet and wait for app reviews before buying the app. Be wary of free keyboard apps out there as well as I wouldn't be surprised if ads are shoved into them (with the exception of swift key as they are very popular and great on android).

andykan

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why is SwiftKey taking up so much of my batter resources? I don't know why there is Background Activity..

2014-09-18 11.21.51.png

Anyone else with SwiftKey knows the issue on how to remove the problem with Background Activity? I've already checked background app refresh.. SwiftKey is not inside that option.

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
delete and reinstall swift key, make sure it has full access, and delete the native english keyboard. Also make sure that swift key is the first keyboard on the list, above the emoji

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I have both SwiftKey and Swype. can say as of now I'm more of a fan of Swype but I don't see a huge difference between the two. They both have clean straight-forward design.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah all mine are checked as well, but it's still not spacing automatically like Android one does and then capitalizing.

I still can't figure out how to use swiftkey in quick reply.....I've tried everything it doesn't give me the option.

I can use it to Quick Reply everywhere except the lockscreen. I am assuming its something with Apple's permissions and security with "sandboxing" since no 3rd party keyboards I have tried work on the lockscreen. Hopefully it gets fixed in iOS 8.0.1 if thats the issue!

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having problems with the keyboard not coming up with Quick Reply? I set SwiftKey as my default keyboard and it works great everywhere but quick reply

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh