Swiftkey for iOS 8

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Does the Swift key predictor work the same way and learn the words that the native keyboard would learn. I'm just wondering that later on if I go back to the native keyboard, will it have to learn my typing style again?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Installed it. Played with it. Deleted it.

I thought I wanted, among other things, a keyboard that properly reflected upper/lower case status with upper/lower case "keycaps". It’s annoying. The ToS is, in my opinion, excessive - access to read/store anything I type? No thanks.

Back to the native iOS keyboard, and very happy to have it.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
For anyone freaking out about what SwiftKey may or may not collect, fear not.

You may encounter an alert when installing our Products on your device, warning that third-party keyboards may collect or log sensitive data such as passwords, credit card numbers or street addresses.

SwiftKey Products are designed not to receive, store or transmit any such sensitive data.

For more information or help, please see our Android or iOS support pages.

For further reading: SwiftKey - Privacy Policy

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
How do I enable long-press and the microphone key?? I use voice input all the time and that's a deal breaker.

I don't think it has the voice input. I use that all the time as well....I know the Android version has it. Shouldn't be too hard to add?

Also, super annoying my phone doesn't require a passcode but if I get a text and do quick reply then go back into messages to write a text it changes it back to the native ios keyboard not swiftkey. This may not sound like much, but it is super annoying.

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I just deleted the native keyboard and it seems to be fine now. The native keyboard still shows up for passwords though

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I wish that when you were doing a quick reply that you could use swiftkey or any other 3rd party keyboard. I wonder if this is possible somehow?

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Curious what you think about battery usage from Swiftkey, looks to me it might be a battery hog? Or is that just me?
It does work very well and fast. Might try it a bit longer and decide later if it's a keeper or not. I have to say with Swiftkey I type faster than with predictive text.

So far, Swiftkey is only eating 2% so it's not swift key.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
So far, Swiftkey is only eating 2% so it's not swift key.

I was playing with the setting and the apps and Notification Center and wrote a few short emails. Usage was 19% (second app in row)
I used Swiftkey about 15 minutes during the one hour I played with IOS 8

I did a fresh install, curious if it gets better for me now.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if it's already been said, but there's something missing in the keyboard that's huge! You can't use it while replying to an actionable notification on the lock screen. That also means that if you want to keep the little globe uncluttered, you can't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW