Swiftkey for iOS 8

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I didn't know swipe style typing was something people still loved. Goes to show how out of the loop I got after a while out of Android land. It's not my personal cup of tea but I can see the appeal - I just find it slows me down a loooooooooooot.

I'm disappointed that I don't see a row of numbers.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
It is still quite a familiar interface to use, though. The iPhone SwiftKey keyboard is just a touch on the tall side for me - probably will be a non issue on a 6 or 6 Plus but on a 5 the extra couple pixels SwiftKey takes may or may not be an acceptable compromise. I myself will use it on my iPad and will out it on my 6 Plus when it arrives but will probably just use the native keyboard on my 5 in the interim.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
None of the third party keyboards are working on my lockscreen when quick replying to a message. Anybody else have this issue?

heberman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
NO WAY am I every giving Swiftkey or any other developer the right to read everything I type on my iPhone keyboard. But that is exactly what Swiftkey wants from me by asking for full access. All of my emails I type with it, all of my credit card info, all of my private communications.

No way. Swiftkey has already been deleted. Too bad. I've been excited to use this app again.

mjk5025

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
None of the third party keyboards are working on my lockscreen when quick replying to a message. Anybody else have this issue?

Same here. I have my phone set to not require a passcode within 5 minutes, and they do work in that time interval. I hope this is a bug and not a feature.

EDIT: Just submitted a bug report.

petrosil

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone checked out the Swiftkey options? I just got home and am still downloading iOS 8--are there any long press options? Are the arrows available like on Android? From Swiftkey's web site it doesn't look any different than Apple's keyboard. I'm hoping there are options for numbers, arrows, etc...I'm hoping it's as good as the Android version.

Anyone find the options?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After trying SwiftKey I might uninstall it it annoys me more than the default keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Curious what you think about battery usage from Swiftkey, looks to me it might be a battery hog? Or is that just me?
It does work very well and fast. Might try it a bit longer and decide later if it's a keeper or not. I have to say with Swiftkey I type faster than with predictive text.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone checked out the Swiftkey options? I just got home and am still downloading iOS 8--are there any long press options? Are the arrows available like on Android? From Swiftkey's web site it doesn't look any different than Apple's keyboard. I'm hoping there are options for numbers, arrows, etc...I'm hoping it's as good as the Android version.

Anyone find the options?

I don't think it is as good as the Android version. You can only connect with Facebook or G+. There is no option for Swiftkey to learn from SMS or other methods.

There are long press options though but a shame there is no voice input.

It's definitely a good start but there's still a way to go before it is as good as the Android version, I feel.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods