I have found SwiftKey does not work well in some places. When trying to review an app in the App Store, I could not see the text field. Also issues in other apps. Have gone back to stock predictive keyboard. Maybe SwiftKey will update to resolve the issues.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-20-2014 02:57 PM
    I have found SwiftKey does not work well in some places. When trying to review an app in the App Store, I could not see the text field. Also issues in other apps. Have gone back to stock predictive keyboard. Maybe SwiftKey will update to resolve the issues.

My sentiments exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-20-2014 06:03 PM
    Does anyone one know any SwiftKey is active in the background?
    09-20-2014 08:33 PM

Deleted it this morning - utterly infuriating! If it was installed with the default keyboard, I would just get the default keyboard all the time (despite SK being prioritised above it in the keyboard settings. If I deleted the stock keyboard, I wouldn't get any keyboard in most apps. Might go back if they sort the issues out in the next week or two.
    09-21-2014 05:58 AM
    Switkey is going to be a pleasure to use on the 6+
    That's what I use on my 6+. D" so handy with the big screen
    09-21-2014 06:27 AM
    So tried it for a few days and while I like the typing experience, Swiftkey seems way too resource hungry for a keyboard. It's often quite laggy to display compared to other add-on keyboards and it's constantly showing up high in my battery usage list. I've decided to stick with Swype for the time being, much lower resource usage and the keyboard appears much quicker.
    Steve Penny and blueszz like this.
    09-21-2014 10:21 AM

I found Swift Key to be quirky also when I tried it. The very first keyboard I downloaded as soon as I installed iOS 8 was Swype, I then ventured after a day or so to try SwiftKey but I didn't like it as much. I LOVE using Swype tho☺ it's what works best for me
    09-21-2014 10:34 AM
    I'm using Swype and the only issue I have is the limited emoji options. But I'm not going to sweat it. This is three first version. They will add more features and fix the bugs soon. I will wait. Been wanting the Swype keyboard on iOS for so long, not going to complain now.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    09-21-2014 01:12 PM
    Deleted it this morning - utterly infuriating! If it was installed with the default keyboard, I would just get the default keyboard all the time (despite SK being prioritised above it in the keyboard settings. If I deleted the stock keyboard, I wouldn't get any keyboard in most apps. Might go back if they sort the issues out in the next week or two.
    Did you give it full access?
    Swiftkey for iOS 8-imageuploadedbytapatalk1411319774.514104.jpg

09-21-2014 01:16 PM
    Did you give it full access?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411319774.514104.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	65460

Yep!
    09-21-2014 01:25 PM
    Anyone know why there is only one emoticon on the Swype keyboard?
    09-21-2014 02:26 PM
    Anyone know why there is only one emoticon on the Swype keyboard?
    I was wondering that myself but when I'm typing and need to use a few hundred in my texts LOL I just toggle between Swype and the native keyboard☺👍😃😋
    09-21-2014 03:07 PM
    Saw on the forums, that the voice dictation isn't going to be incorporated into the keyboard at all. That's kind of a dealbreaker. I was fine with the feature being absent for the moment, but to not have it ever is a no go.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.
    09-23-2014 11:47 PM
    Saw on the forums, that the voice dictation isn't going to be incorporated into the keyboard at all. That's kind of a dealbreaker. I was fine with the feature being absent for the moment, but to not have it ever is a no go.

I wouldn't say never. Currently Apple hasn't opened up the microphone API to keyboards, but what's to say it won't be available in a future iOS update?
    09-26-2014 10:47 AM
    I'm starting to rethink my need for swiftkey. The native keyboard does pretty much the same thing and seems to have my typing habits already down. Plus I can use my keyboard shortcuts. I think I might delete it for now. Anyone else come to the same conclusion?
    No because the numbers do not show up along with the letters. I wrote elsewhere I installed a keyboard but do not know how to make that my default keyboard.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB
    09-26-2014 02:47 PM
    Hey Honey Beagle---Go to your keyboards in settings and click on edit. Then hold down on hash marks of the keyboard that you want to make default and move to the top then click done. It should then be default. That's what I did with mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-26-2014 07:49 PM
    I want to add the one called Fast Keyboard but I do not see that one in the available keyboards.Swiftkey for iOS 8-imageuploadedbytapatalk1412028274.605836.jpg

09-29-2014 06:04 PM
    Found here to download at App Store

Fast Keyboard Universal Text Editor by Guoqiang Lei
    https://appsto.re/us/6Xa4z.i

09-29-2014 09:00 PM
    Found here to download at App Store

Fast Keyboard Universal Text Editor by Guoqiang Lei
    https://appsto.re/us/6Xa4z.i

I do have that keyboard. Does not show up when adding a keyboard.

09-29-2014 10:52 PM
    Does it drains battery? Would u guys prefer the stock keyboard or thirdparty?
    09-30-2014 02:55 AM
    I read some of the reviews and most everyone is saying, NOT a keyboard app, can't be used as keyboard but only as text program. Maybe that's why it's not showing as keyboard. There's no way to add as keyboard. I downloaded it and there is no way to add as keyboard as I can find. Maybe someone else can figure it but myself, I see no way to add it as a keyboard. I use these 2 keyboards, Swiftkey Keyboard and Swype. I'm using Swift at this moment because I like it better. This one seems to be easier to use than Swype but I use Swype some, just need to practice more with it. Doesn't seem as accurate as Swift but that's just me.

09-30-2014 07:44 AM
    So swiftkey is better in prediction of words?
    09-30-2014 08:45 AM
    Well hell, after using Swype for a couple of days, I like Swype better. Seems to have better word prediction after using it. Gonna stick with Swype.

09-30-2014 10:42 AM
    Swype cost $.99 but a cup of coffee is a lot more than that---hehe

09-30-2014 10:44 AM
    Well hell, after using Swype for a couple of days, I like Swype better. Seems to have better word prediction after using it. Gonna stick with Swype.

I agree I like the Swype keyboard a lot better than Swiftkey. But they still have issues with inputting in certain situations. I hope that they get these issues resolved. I'm not sure if it is an iOS 8 issues or issue with the keyboards themselves. On Android these keyboards work flawlessly. And that's what I was hoping for with iOS but so far that hasn't been the case.

10-07-2014 04:13 AM
155 ... 4567