Forgive me if it's already been said, but there's something missing in the keyboard that's huge! You can't use it while replying to an actionable notification on the lock screen. That also means that if you want to keep the little globe uncluttered, you can't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-17-2014 10:17 PM
    Forgive me if it's already been said, but there's something missing in the keyboard that's huge! You can't use it while replying to an actionable notification on the lock screen. That also means that if you want to keep the little globe uncluttered, you can't

Yea I mentioned that earlier, and this is a HUGE downer for me. Totally gave up my Jailbreak combo of Auki w/ Nin keyboard. Oh well I would have lost it Friday when my i6+ arrives lol. Hopefully they fix this soon!
    09-17-2014 10:31 PM
    I'm starting to rethink my need for swiftkey. The native keyboard does pretty much the same thing and seems to have my typing habits already down. Plus I can use my keyboard shortcuts. I think I might delete it for now. Anyone else come to the same conclusion?
    09-17-2014 11:49 PM
    I'm starting to rethink my need for swiftkey. The native keyboard does pretty much the same thing and seems to have my typing habits already down. Plus I can use my keyboard shortcuts. I think I might delete it for now. Anyone else come to the same conclusion?
    Coming to the same conclusion as well, but with swype. probably go back to stock keyboard for now.
    09-18-2014 12:10 AM
    Am I the only one that's concerned about the need of the app to transmit all keystrokes, even past keystrokes before the app was installed to the developers. Seems like it could open folks up to a real privacy concern if privacy and security of the info contained in that data is not held to a high standard.
    09-18-2014 12:17 AM
    Yep same here. It does the same thing as the native keyboard and I find that it's just too big. I'll probably try out other keyboards as they get released, but for now I'm sticking with the iOS one.
    09-18-2014 12:24 AM
    Am I the only one that's concerned about the need of the app to transmit all keystrokes, even past keystrokes before the app was installed to the developers. Seems like it could open folks up to a real privacy concern if privacy and security of the info contained in that data is not held to a high standard.
    The only 2 keyboard apps I trust is swype & swift key. The reason I do is because I used them when I was on android and there was no issues or data leaks whatsoever. However, I did my homework at that time and read the app reviews in the play store and researched online about them.

For the other keyboard apps that will show up in the app store, research them out on the internet and wait for app reviews before buying the app. Be wary of free keyboard apps out there as well as I wouldn't be surprised if ads are shoved into them (with the exception of swift key as they are very popular and great on android).
    kd7irm and agarwal.apar like this.
    09-18-2014 12:27 AM
    Can anyone tell me why is SwiftKey taking up so much of my batter resources? I don't know why there is Background Activity..

Swiftkey for iOS 8-2014-09-18-11.21.51.png

Anyone else with SwiftKey knows the issue on how to remove the problem with Background Activity? I've already checked background app refresh.. SwiftKey is not inside that option.
    09-18-2014 03:16 AM
    It's working great

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    09-18-2014 03:31 AM
    They have pretty high standards: SwiftKey - Privacy Policy
    09-18-2014 08:00 AM
    Can anyone tell me how to enable swiftkey to work on quick reply when it's pulled down from the top?
    09-18-2014 09:52 AM
    delete and reinstall swift key, make sure it has full access, and delete the native english keyboard. Also make sure that swift key is the first keyboard on the list, above the emoji
    Rube8514 likes this.
    09-18-2014 10:05 AM
    I have both SwiftKey and Swype. can say as of now I'm more of a fan of Swype but I don't see a huge difference between the two. They both have clean straight-forward design.
    09-18-2014 10:52 AM
    Another thing with swiftkey....how come it doesn't auto space after a period and capitalize?
    09-18-2014 12:09 PM
    Check your settings on the actual app Swiftkey for iOS 8-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1411057157.216921.jpg
    09-18-2014 12:18 PM
    Protip: Type four or five words at once then hit space bar. Really saves a lot of time.
    09-18-2014 01:16 PM
    Check your settings on the actual app Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411057157.216921.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	65069
    Yeah all mine are checked as well, but it's still not spacing automatically like Android one does and then capitalizing.

I still can't figure out how to use swiftkey in quick reply.....I've tried everything it doesn't give me the option.
    09-18-2014 01:27 PM
    Yeah all mine are checked as well, but it's still not spacing automatically like Android one does and then capitalizing.

I still can't figure out how to use swiftkey in quick reply.....I've tried everything it doesn't give me the option.
    I can use it to Quick Reply everywhere except the lockscreen. I am assuming its something with Apple's permissions and security with "sandboxing" since no 3rd party keyboards I have tried work on the lockscreen. Hopefully it gets fixed in iOS 8.0.1 if thats the issue!
    NickB2005 likes this.
    09-18-2014 01:47 PM
    I agree. I love it other than you can't use it on the quick reply from the lock screen. BUMMER!!!
    Otherwise it's nearly perfect
    09-18-2014 10:30 PM
    Anyone having problems with the keyboard not coming up with Quick Reply? I set SwiftKey as my default keyboard and it works great everywhere but quick reply
    09-18-2014 11:36 PM
    Anyone having problems with the keyboard not coming up with Quick Reply? I set SwiftKey as my default keyboard and it works great everywhere but quick reply
    I'm having the same thing happen to me.
    09-19-2014 12:22 AM
    delete and reinstall swift key, make sure it has full access, and delete the native english keyboard. Also make sure that swift key is the first keyboard on the list, above the emoji
    Thank you. I've been a Swiftkey user for years on Android, so I was pumped about having it on iOS, heck even being able to swipe on iOS. I was worried that it was half-baked implementation, but hopefully this will fix it.

My only qualm is that there's no voice dictation (i.e. no mic) which I used a lot on the stock kb.
    09-20-2014 12:31 PM
    I'm having the same thing happen to me.
    It also doesn't come up in password boxes - it defaults to the system keyboard... I have Swiftkey as my default, and even deleted the main Kb.
    Antron likes this.
    09-20-2014 01:42 PM
    Is it safe to enable full access to SwiftKey?

09-20-2014 02:28 PM
    It also doesn't come up in password boxes - it defaults to the system keyboard... I have Swiftkey as my default, and even deleted the main Kb.
    No 3rd party keyboards in password fields is by design for your own safety because lots of 3rd party keyboards transmit keystrokes to an external server.
    09-20-2014 02:39 PM
155 ... 34567