iOS 8 GM is out. Submit bugs/feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Installed the GM and found these bugs:

1) Music controls in control center don't do anything if you're playing something from the iTunes Store

2) video playback problems: often when you open a video in silent mode and turn on volume while watching, it remains silent. Also the other way round: sometimes videos still keep playing loud after you entered silent mode (also in Apps that usually are muted in silent mode)...

3) webapps lost their icons after restart and if you add a new one it doesn't load its icon :-/

4) videos sometimes get stuck or have strange display problems...

5) videos sent with telegram show "video can't be played - not compatible" on Android phones...

That are the problems that I realized so far... Some of them are really annoying (like the video problems)...

1. Works normally for me

2. Works normally for me

3. I can confirm this an issue

4. Works normally for me, with a few exceptions (apps need to be updated)

5. Can't confirm

~iPhone 5s, AT&T model A1533

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Does "Hey Siri" work for anyone? I did a thread search. It worked for some in Beta 5 but not working on GM for me.. never did.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Crazy question. Had to reset my settings. Long story. Now my iMac on Yosemite isn't sending text messages from non iOS users or getting them. Am I missing something in settings on my phone

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
hmm thanks- It had been working before- so just a coincidence? Not sure I believe in coincidence lol... Has yours been off too?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
hmm thanks- It had been working before- so just a coincidence? Not sure I believe in coincidence lol... Has yours been off too?

Yeah, it worked well for several weeks, and just stopped. At one point, it came back for a couple of hours. Really frustrating. But it was something that we didn’t have before. Still, Apple will get it sorted out.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it worked well for several weeks, and just stopped. At one point, it came back for a couple of hours. Really frustrating. But it was something that we didn’t have before. Still, Apple will get it sorted out.
while I am sorry you are having issues I feel so much better- I thought it was something I did when I reset the settings- thanks!

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Major lock screen bypass bug I think. If you have a passcode or Touch ID enabled, one can bypass them by simply activating Siri and ask her to give you directions to any specified address or place. It will then proceed to open the maps app and then begin navigation automatically. If you end the navigation and press the home button it will take you to the home screen without having to enter your pass code or Touch ID. Anyone else able to reproduce this? Also I noticed that maps navigation on the lock screen is cut off at the bottom.

Do you have a 5s with your fingerprint to unlock?

Hanadi152

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
The wireless providers have EVERYTHING to to with allowing/not allowing hotspot connections. If your plan doesn?t include hotspot tethering, it won?t show up in settings, AFAIK.

Then why did I have Hotspot option on iOS7 before and now I don't ??? nothing has changed but the iOS firmware.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm running iOS8 GM on my 5S (AT&T), Hey Siri works for me but I have to hold down my home button first and then it works, is this correct?

That doesn't seem right. You should be able to say "hey Siri" when the phone is plugged in to activate Siri.

You have to allow 'Hey Siri'
e4usy7yn.jpg

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Since I had nothing better to do at work, I bit the bullet and installed the GM, restored from backup and got myself going 2 days in advance. After a soft reset, entering the passcode seems a bit delayed. Apart from that, I am not trying to find anymore bugs.

Just 1 question though....will I be able to install 8.0.1 :nerd: OTA or through iTunes only ?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Since I had nothing better to do at work, I bit the bullet and installed the GM, restored from backup and got myself going 2 days in advance. After a soft reset, entering the passcode seems a bit delayed. Apart from that, I am not trying to find anymore bugs.

Just 1 question though....will I be able to install 8.0.1 :nerd: OTA or through iTunes only ?

You'll have the OTA option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro