iOS 8 GM is out. Submit bugs/feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone got the Sms relay to work since upgrading to the GM? It was working on the betas and it was working for me the other day just stopped. Is it a server thing or a bug?

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
SMS relay is not working for me either, also I can't get any continuity working, nor hotspot connection via wifi menu.

Perhaps the next Yosemite update will bring it all into line?

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
SMS relay is not working for me either, also I can't get any continuity working, nor hotspot connection via wifi menu.

Continuity has been working for me, but hotspot hasn't. The fact some of these features aren't working properly seems to suggest it's Yosemite beta issues.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Agreed, I have to say that my GM seed iOS8 iPhone 5S and iPad are running perfectly so far. I stupidly decided whilst on a business trip to upgrade my iPad, ran into the recovery issue, Xcode install fixed it (took a little while)......however in the end decided to start with a fresh install and didn't restore from back-up.

For my iPhone, I did the upgrade, however noticed very rapid battery drain, so ended up also starting with a fresh install and not restoring from back-up. Battery is far better & I've managed to rid myself of the pages of apps that I really don't need to have installed.

Hoping that the iPhone/iPad integration issues are resolved by a future beta upgrade shortly, but more than happy for the moment.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
So after complaining about quick reply interactive notifications (since I like to leave my message preview off) and how you can only choose mark as read or trash when checking the mail notifications...I found some things. One of them is something I submitted in the beta process. So when the lock screen has a notification, I can't quick reply with message preview off, which is good. However when I get a message while using the phone, message preview is off until I swipe it down and it shows the message. This is great.

As for my mail issue, I just dismiss it and then swipe down and I can see the message. I am a very happy camper now.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone got the Sms relay to work since upgrading to the GM? It was working on the betas and it was working for me the other day just stopped. Is it a server thing or a bug?

Mine's been working fine - was using it last night via my rMBP.

I’m running Yosemite DP7 and iOS GM. Both handoff and continuity were working great for the past week or so. However, the SMS relay has stopped working on both of my Macs. The iMessage function still works, as do phone calls (which is awesome, by the way), but the SMS thing is annoying, as I cannot find a reason for it to stop working.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So after complaining about quick reply interactive notifications (since I like to leave my message preview off) and how you can only choose mark as read or trash when checking the mail notifications...I found some things. One of them is something I submitted in the beta process. So when the lock screen has a notification, I can't quick reply with message preview off, which is good. However when I get a message while using the phone, message preview is off until I swipe it down and it shows the message. This is great.

As for my mail issue, I just dismiss it and then swipe down and I can see the message. I am a very happy camper now.
That's what I was explaining through beta 4 and 5. That option has been there. But if you don't reply to it and leave NC, it marks the message as read and you can't reply to it from there anymore. The only opportunity it gives you to quick reply is those first few seconds the banner is there. Once the banner goes away and you pull down NC, it doesn't let you quick reply anymore.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get "suggested apps" to work or seen them appear on the lock screen while out and about? It never seems to be aware of my location and therefore not popping up when I'm near a Starbucks, Walmart, etc. Just curious how it's supposed to work.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
That could be due to how the website is coded, some detect by screen resolution and not device type.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

But shouldn't the "request desktop site" essentially force the website into getting the desktop version over mobile?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
But shouldn't the "request desktop site" essentially force the website into getting the desktop version over mobile?

The website could be coded to send the mobile version even if you do a "request desktop site". I've had the same thing happen on a few sites when I would request the desktop version and still get the mobile version.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
My 64GB 5S has been considerably slower since the upgrade to IOS8. I've removed all video's, books, photo'. I've noticed a bad lag when loading Facebook and a couple other apps. Doesn't matter if it's over WiFi or LTE. I'm in a great coverage area for LTE and under battery usage, it says Low Signal for Phone and Facebook. A few dev's in the office noticed the same thing when they loaded on the test devices as well. I even restored as new and still have the lag.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm noticing that on most of my third party apps like gmail and on occasion Facebook and Facebook messenger that my notifications aren't coming through. No sound, no banner, and no alert of any kind to let me know a new email or message has arrived. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox