iOS 8 GM is out. Submit bugs/feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be back up- all my apps and pics and stuff is back- It still says restoring from icloud back up on my lock screen. I remember the first beta it did that for about a day- anyone else seeing this? I know it wont do a back up until this goes away...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Can you point me to some instructions on how to do that?

Saw your post above and downloaded AppZapper... would like to know how to proceed from there... or is it as simple as dropping iTunes into AppZapper and then download an install for iTunes11?

Pretty much. There’s a setting to protect Apple software. Turn that OFF in the preference menu and then zap iTunes. Download the latest v11 iTunes (11.4) and just go from there.

I hate it when stuff goes all wonky. Betas should be rock solid, darn it. :)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Can you point me to some instructions on how to do that?

Saw your post above and downloaded AppZapper... would like to know how to proceed from there... or is it as simple as dropping iTunes into AppZapper and then download an install for iTunes11?

Yup drop it into AppZapper, then go to Download Itunes via Apple website not Apple store.

I believe I made a copy of Itunes library first.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Found the above in AppZapper...

I don't have anything other than radio buttons on that Apple menu > System Preferences… > Security & Privacy > General tab under the header "Allow applications downloaded from:" Mac App Store, Mac App Store and recognized Developers, and Anywhere.

Edit to update - iTunes11 install in progress...

edit for additional... iTunes11 installed, tried to run it - told me it couldn't load my library because it's from a newer version of iTunes... Opened up the AppStore, downloaded/installed iTunes12 - iPad now being restored with the iOS8GM I downloaded... Weird. Hope this helps someone who encounters a similar issue...

Last edited:

Chloe Pollard

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody else think it's the most stupid thing ever that Apple have added the function for photos to be shown in group conversations, ONLY? What about all the other messages?! And on the main messages screen.

This is the only thing I was really excited about, it's such an OLD in the past feature that phones from 2 years ago have, yet Apple cannot seem to get right. I love Apple but am so disappointed with ios8.

If this could be changed and sent with the official Apple release, be happy!

Is this a viable setting or not an option at all?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Does anybody else think it's the most stupid thing ever that Apple have added the function for photos to be shown in group conversations, ONLY? What about all the other messages?! And on the main messages screen.

This is the only thing I was really excited about, it's such an OLD in the past feature that phones from 2 years ago have, yet Apple cannot seem to get right. I love Apple but am so disappointed with ios8.

If this could be changed and sent with the official Apple release, be happy!

Is this a viable setting or not an option at all?

Probably because if you're in a thread with only one person it's pretty obvious who is who.

As far as being on the main messages screen: Apple does that because of lack of screen size. The main screen will have contact pics the iPhone 6 Plus

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday went okay.....

I actually used AppZapper to remove the iTunes 12 update and put iTunes 11 back on my Mac and it worked with out any issues.... But a little PITA if you are not sure what's causing the problem.. Thank god for forums!!! :)

So far iOS 8 GM on iPhone has been smooth... Not really any issues yet, but to early to tell still...

Any word on iCloud drive and iCloud Photo library on when it can be fully used.... Guessing recently added in photos is not past pictures, it's you camera roll going forward?

Only pictures show in my in in collections with iCloud Photo library turned on...

And have not really noticed iCloud drive full working? Pricing vs what I am on a 10 GB iCloud plan now...

iPad version seems a bit laggy.. Stock nothing installed on it. so not sure what the issue is and what's causing it.

Thoughts?

Nice I haven't ever seen anyone say they use AppZapper. My brother and his friend developed it was with them at MacWorld when they launched it.

Finally got Xcode to work and my phone restored but still have to restore my backup and our WiFi at work sucks!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
To early to tell.

Will post a full day sometime after everything with iCloud drive and Photo keeps hammering the device still.....

butisitamac

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing, and iTunes crashes every time I plug my phone in to my MacBook Air...

If you get a fix for it will you post it please!

Thanks,

Ian

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing, and iTunes crashes every time I plug my phone in to my MacBook Air...

If you get a fix for it will you post it please!

Thanks,

Ian

iTunes 12? The fix/workaround that’s been mentioned several time around here is to load Xcode and make sure it’s running. As a developer, you can get the new beta of Xcode in the dev portal, on the same page where you got the GM release software.

butisitamac

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much. There’s a setting to protect Apple software. Turn that OFF in the preference menu and then zap iTunes. Download the latest v11 iTunes (11.4) and just go from there.

I hate it when stuff goes all wonky. Betas should be rock solid, darn it. :)

Great info- I'm running Yosemite Public Beta, can I delete iTunes 12 using App Zap and then once I am finished with the iOS 8 install reinstall iTunes 12 within Yosemite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro