iOS 8 GM is out. Submit bugs/feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Both will work, depends on your preference and need for the GM ..... You could also just download Xcode which you then open on your Yosemite machine and it'll then work fine as usual.

Using my MacBook should be pretty painless I think. Shouldn't matter that I never synced my phone to it. Right?

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Using my MacBook should be pretty painless I think. Shouldn't matter that I never synced my phone to it. Right?

Nope. My iPhone has never synced with my Mac or iTunes as I avoid it at all costs. Just plug the phone in, right-click it and ensure all purchases are transferred, back-up to iCloud again,and you should be good to go.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by make sure all purchases tranfered. If I have the icloud back up why does that matter.

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by make sure all purchases tranfered. If I have the icloud back up why does that matter.

I've encountered problems in the past (might be because I'm using two different accounts), whereby back-ups, syncing and updates wouldn't work until 'Transfer all purchases' had been selected and run. If it's not applicable, just carry on.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Major lock screen bypass bug I think. If you have a passcode or Touch ID enabled, one can bypass them by simply activating Siri and ask her to give you directions to any specified address or place. It will then proceed to open the maps app and then begin navigation automatically. If you end the navigation and press the home button it will take you to the home screen without having to enter your pass code or Touch ID. Anyone else able to reproduce this? Also I noticed that maps navigation on the lock screen is cut off at the bottom.

I can't reproduce. My phone asks me for the passcode/Touch ID after asking Siri for directions.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Major lock screen bypass bug I think. If you have a passcode or Touch ID enabled, one can bypass them by simply activating Siri and ask her to give you directions to any specified address or place. It will then proceed to open the maps app and then begin navigation automatically. If you end the navigation and press the home button it will take you to the home screen without having to enter your pass code or Touch ID. Anyone else able to reproduce this? Also I noticed that maps navigation on the lock screen is cut off at the bottom.

Not happening for me. I get prompted for my passcode before it will open the maps app.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Not happening for me. I get prompted for my passcode before it will open the maps app.

Must have been a fluke because now it prompts me for a password to unlock the lock screen during navigation, but the bottom of the screen still looks to be "cut off". Maybe that's just the new design change?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Is there a setting I'm not changing? I've looked everywhere I thought and don't see it listed.

You should try reassigning pictures to your contacts. Sometimes that helps. Just steal their Facebook profile picture and use it as their contact photo

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Interactive notifications has totally messed up my workflow. If I am in any app and I get a message, I would slide down the notification bar and read the message and it would mark it as read. Now I can't do that...it only offers quick reply and doesn't mark it as read. I have to open messages and then choose the message for it to be marked as read. For emails, I can only trash or mark as read from the notification bar and can't preview anymore.

Such a pain and a big step backwards for me.

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
You should try reassigning pictures to your contacts. Sometimes that helps. Just steal their Facebook profile picture and use it as their contact photo

They are all in my Outlook synced through Exchange. Just removed my daughters and added it again, no dice on full photos showing up on calls.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Had to go back to 7.1.2 after being forced into recovery mode. Then tried again. Same thing. Back to 7.1.2 and tried with Xcode open. Same thing. Back to 7.1.2. Re-downloaded the GM. Worked correctly first time without Xcode open. I am on Yosemite and iTunes 12. Then did my iPad Air and it worked fine the first time.

I had issues too so I ended up using my Windows machine to update

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
That's why I'm a hardcore anti outlook sync guy.. It's just not it

Not much of a choice when that's what our company uses for Exchange. Haven't tried with iCloud yet, figured I'd wait until the full release is out and my kids update their iPhones.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You could export your exchange contact list as a vcf file and import it in iCloud. But if it gets in the way of your company policy, then don't

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday went okay.....

I actually used AppZapper to remove the iTunes 12 update and put iTunes 11 back on my Mac and it worked with out any issues.... But a little PITA if you are not sure what's causing the problem.. Thank god for forums!!! :)

So far iOS 8 GM on iPhone has been smooth... Not really any issues yet, but to early to tell still...

Any word on iCloud drive and iCloud Photo library on when it can be fully used.... Guessing recently added in photos is not past pictures, it's you camera roll going forward?

Only pictures show in my in in collections with iCloud Photo library turned on...

And have not really noticed iCloud drive full working? Pricing vs what I am on a 10 GB iCloud plan now...

iPad version seems a bit laggy.. Stock nothing installed on it. so not sure what the issue is and what's causing it.

Thoughts?

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
You could export your exchange contact list as a vcf file and import it in iCloud. But if it gets in the way of your company policy, then don't

My Exchange contacts are the same as my iCloud contacts in case I need them further down the road. I just don't see any reason to sync my iCloud contacts with my phone right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner