iOS 8 GM is out. Submit bugs/feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Someone on developer forum said that with Xcode open iTunes doesn't crash. Trying now and will let you know.
I have iTunes 12 on Yosemite DP7 and it’s FUBAR. I am stuck at what looks like the DFU screen - iTunes logo and the lightning cable. When I plug it in, iTunes crashes. #nothappy

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
If you are using Yosemite, there are cases of it bricking iOS 8 updates due to iTunes 12 crashing. Keep that in mind. There are ways around it (moving around iTunes libraries, trying to get iTunes 11 on the latest Yosemite beta releases) and it is flaky.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just updated on iTunes 11.3.1 without a problem.

Not sure what the deal was with Yosemite/iTunes 12. I went to my wife's iMac (Mavericks/iTunes 11.3.1) and it updated perfectly. Of course, then I had to go back to my computer and restore from the back up that I had just made. PITA, but at least I’ve updated now.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If you are using Yosemite, there are cases of it bricking iOS 8 updates due to iTunes 12 crashing. Keep that in mind. There are ways around it (moving around iTunes libraries, trying to get iTunes 11 on the latest Yosemite beta releases) and it is flaky.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Had to move to a Mavericks/iTunes 11.3.1 Mac and do the update.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Had to move to a Mavericks/iTunes 11.3.1 Mac and do the update.

I always start with a fresh install with no backups, so I'll just update on Windows and then go back to my Mac to put apps and saved game files back on manually. That should do it.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what the deal was with Yosemite/iTunes 12. I went to my wife's iMac (Mavericks/iTunes 11.3.1) and it updated perfectly. Of course, then I had to go back to my computer and restore from the back up that I had just made. PITA, but at least I?ve updated now.

Couldn't you have restored via iCloud?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Since apple's servers appear to be very busy, I'm going to download the GM tomorrow.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S (beta testing) using Tapatalk

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just restored from iCloud, now I am running the update from my Mavericks partition...

Royal PITA

mark2k81

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
can't post links, cause have less then 10 msg on this forum...
but i have links for 5 5s 4s GMs
ask me if you need smth maybe i can drop it in private msg

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't you have restored via iCloud?

Yeah, but it would not have been current. When I started the process on my Mac running Yosemite/iTunes 12, the first thing it did was a backup to the computer. Then the install got FUBAR, and iTunes kept crashing. Had to go to another computer to finish the update. Then back to the original to get the latest backup. It was a PITA, but it’s done now, so it’s all good.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
can't post links, cause have less then 10 msg on this forum...
but i have links for 5 5s 4s GMs
ask me if you need smth maybe i can drop it in private msg

Posting them here will get you in big time trouble. It’s against policy.

http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/500-community-rules-guidelines.html

Illegal Activities - Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. Discussion regarding stolen devices is not permitted.*

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I have iTunes 12 on Yosemite DP7 and it?s FUBAR. I am stuck at what looks like the DFU screen - iTunes logo and the lightning cable. When I plug it in, iTunes crashes. #nothappy

i had that happen trying to restore a device this week

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up if you are using Yosemite and try to go to the GM iTunes will crash while phone is plugged in, but if you have Xcode beta 6 GM open it will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.