On my iPad, the multitasking gestures seem to randomly stop working from time to time. I have to go into settings and toggle them off and on again to get them to start working.
    09-11-2014 10:04 AM
    I keep getting these logs on my 5S:
    I have about 15 of them so far since I installed the beta yesterday and they all are the same expect for the time:
    iOS 8 GM is out. Submit bugs/feedback here.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1410445396.015339.jpg
    All of them say "thermal not updating", I had this issue with beta 5 but I only got about 4 a day, at the rate it's going I'll end up with close to 20 or more. I didn't have this issue with iOS 7.1.2 only beta 5 and now worse with the GM. I can't tell if it's my phone or iOS that's causing it.
    09-11-2014 10:27 AM
    Full screen photo's are still not showing for me and either of my kids. Both of them are using iCloud and upgraded to the GM last night. I removed all photo's from Outlook connected to my Exchange server and added new one's in. Still just the circle. Restored as new also.
    I had that happen to me at first too. Since you're connected to Outlook, you may need to go the web and take their photos off there first since your phone is probably still pulling their pics in from there. Once that's done, try adding the pictures through the contact app instead of importing them.
    09-11-2014 10:49 AM
    Just so you guys know, the camera roll album is now titled "Recently Added"
    09-11-2014 10:53 AM
    Just so you guys know, the camera roll album is now titled "Recently Added"
    Yeah but it doesn't have all your pics like ios 7. Don't love this feature. Also preferred the separate iCloud shared folder. Oh well
    09-11-2014 11:02 AM
    When viewing pics in messages full screen, the status bar overlaps.
    Apps crashing or not working
    Actionable notifications are sometimes hard to dismiss.
    09-11-2014 11:44 AM
    I had that happen to me at first too. Since you're connected to Outlook, you may need to go the web and take their photos off there first since your phone is probably still pulling their pics in from there. Once that's done, try adding the pictures through the contact app instead of importing them.
    I removed their photo's from my Outlook Contacts and then added them back again after verifying they weren't showing on my phone anymore. Still showing as small circles. Even deleted the Exchange account from my phone and removed contacts instead of keeping them.
    09-11-2014 12:29 PM
    Strange bug with spotlight search started a few hours ago for me. Instead of blurring the home screen it makes it B+W and pixelated. Can anyone else reproduce

Image:
    http://i.imgur.com/YFtLUnJ.png
    This happened to me on beta 5. I believe it happens when you reduce transparency.
    09-11-2014 05:00 PM
    Can you please please please PM me with where you got that info? I have a brick that I'm trying to fix
    To unbrick your iPhone that is not responsive from the update via iTunes just hold the power button and home button for about 12 seconds. Release and then hit the power button and your phone will come back to life. Make sure it's not plugged in when you do this.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-11-2014 06:14 PM
    iOS 8 is very buggy on iPhone 5S

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    serglb likes this.
    09-12-2014 01:12 AM

Works great for me.
    09-12-2014 01:20 AM
    Works great for me.
    Same here! Not encountered any actual bugs so far.
    09-12-2014 01:22 AM
    Works great for me.
    Same here! Not encountered any actual bugs so far.
    Likewise, I have found iOS 8 GM to be extremely stable. No issues for me on any of my devices (2 iPhones, 3 iPads).
    Steve Penny likes this.
    09-12-2014 01:53 AM
    Has anyone got the Sms relay to work since upgrading to the GM? It was working on the betas and it was working for me the other day just stopped. Is it a server thing or a bug?
    09-12-2014 03:05 AM
    Has anyone got the Sms relay to work since upgrading to the GM? It was working on the betas and it was working for me the other day just stopped. Is it a server thing or a bug?
    Mine's been working fine - was using it last night via my rMBP.
    09-12-2014 03:06 AM
    SMS relay is not working for me either, also I can't get any continuity working, nor hotspot connection via wifi menu.

Perhaps the next Yosemite update will bring it all into line?
    Steve Penny likes this.
    09-12-2014 06:23 AM
    SMS relay is not working for me either, also I can't get any continuity working, nor hotspot connection via wifi menu.

Continuity has been working for me, but hotspot hasn't. The fact some of these features aren't working properly seems to suggest it's Yosemite beta issues.
    09-12-2014 06:32 AM
    Agreed, I have to say that my GM seed iOS8 iPhone 5S and iPad are running perfectly so far. I stupidly decided whilst on a business trip to upgrade my iPad, ran into the recovery issue, Xcode install fixed it (took a little while)......however in the end decided to start with a fresh install and didn't restore from back-up.

For my iPhone, I did the upgrade, however noticed very rapid battery drain, so ended up also starting with a fresh install and not restoring from back-up. Battery is far better & I've managed to rid myself of the pages of apps that I really don't need to have installed.

Hoping that the iPhone/iPad integration issues are resolved by a future beta upgrade shortly, but more than happy for the moment.
    Steve Penny likes this.
    09-12-2014 06:45 AM

How so? Start backing up your statements. I updated my squeezes phone and she has zero problems on her 5S.
    09-12-2014 09:19 AM
    So after complaining about quick reply interactive notifications (since I like to leave my message preview off) and how you can only choose mark as read or trash when checking the mail notifications...I found some things. One of them is something I submitted in the beta process. So when the lock screen has a notification, I can't quick reply with message preview off, which is good. However when I get a message while using the phone, message preview is off until I swipe it down and it shows the message. This is great.

As for my mail issue, I just dismiss it and then swipe down and I can see the message. I am a very happy camper now.
    09-12-2014 10:03 AM
    Mine's been working fine - was using it last night via my rMBP.

I’m running Yosemite DP7 and iOS GM. Both handoff and continuity were working great for the past week or so. However, the SMS relay has stopped working on both of my Macs. The iMessage function still works, as do phone calls (which is awesome, by the way), but the SMS thing is annoying, as I cannot find a reason for it to stop working.
    09-12-2014 10:10 AM
    So after complaining about quick reply interactive notifications (since I like to leave my message preview off) and how you can only choose mark as read or trash when checking the mail notifications...I found some things. One of them is something I submitted in the beta process. So when the lock screen has a notification, I can't quick reply with message preview off, which is good. However when I get a message while using the phone, message preview is off until I swipe it down and it shows the message. This is great.

As for my mail issue, I just dismiss it and then swipe down and I can see the message. I am a very happy camper now.
    That's what I was explaining through beta 4 and 5. That option has been there. But if you don't reply to it and leave NC, it marks the message as read and you can't reply to it from there anymore. The only opportunity it gives you to quick reply is those first few seconds the banner is there. Once the banner goes away and you pull down NC, it doesn't let you quick reply anymore.
    09-12-2014 10:11 AM
    Has anyone been able to get "suggested apps" to work or seen them appear on the lock screen while out and about? It never seems to be aware of my location and therefore not popping up when I'm near a Starbucks, Walmart, etc. Just curious how it's supposed to work.
    09-12-2014 10:13 AM
    Also I am noticing that the "request desktop site" in Safari does not always seem to work.
    09-12-2014 10:19 AM
    Also I am noticing that the "request desktop site" in Safari does not always seem to work.
    That could be due to how the website is coded.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    09-12-2014 10:22 AM
319 ... 678910 ...