That's why I'm a hardcore anti outlook sync guy.. It's just not it
    Not much of a choice when that's what our company uses for Exchange. Haven't tried with iCloud yet, figured I'd wait until the full release is out and my kids update their iPhones.
    09-10-2014 09:56 AM
    You could export your exchange contact list as a vcf file and import it in iCloud. But if it gets in the way of your company policy, then don't
    09-10-2014 09:58 AM
    Yesterday went okay.....

I actually used AppZapper to remove the iTunes 12 update and put iTunes 11 back on my Mac and it worked with out any issues.... But a little PITA if you are not sure what's causing the problem.. Thank god for forums!!!

So far iOS 8 GM on iPhone has been smooth... Not really any issues yet, but to early to tell still...

Any word on iCloud drive and iCloud Photo library on when it can be fully used.... Guessing recently added in photos is not past pictures, it's you camera roll going forward?

Only pictures show in my in in collections with iCloud Photo library turned on...

And have not really noticed iCloud drive full working? Pricing vs what I am on a 10 GB iCloud plan now...

iPad version seems a bit laggy.. Stock nothing installed on it. so not sure what the issue is and what's causing it.

Thoughts?
    09-10-2014 10:02 AM
    You could export your exchange contact list as a vcf file and import it in iCloud. But if it gets in the way of your company policy, then don't
    My Exchange contacts are the same as my iCloud contacts in case I need them further down the road. I just don't see any reason to sync my iCloud contacts with my phone right now.
    09-10-2014 10:25 AM
    Interactive notifications has totally messed up my workflow. If I am in any app and I get a message, I would slide down the notification bar and read the message and it would mark it as read. Now I can't do that...it only offers quick reply and doesn't mark it as read. I have to open messages and then choose the message for it to be marked as read. For emails, I can only trash or mark as read from the notification bar and can't preview anymore.

Such a pain and a big step backwards for me.
    When it offers quick reply and you don't want to reply, just hit the home button and it'll mark it as read.
    09-10-2014 10:28 AM
    Major lock screen bypass bug I think. If you have a passcode or Touch ID enabled, one can bypass them by simply activating Siri and ask her to give you directions to any specified address or place. It will then proceed to open the maps app and then begin navigation automatically. If you end the navigation and press the home button it will take you to the home screen without having to enter your pass code or Touch ID. Anyone else able to reproduce this? Also I noticed that maps navigation on the lock screen is cut off at the bottom.
    Don't use the finger you have setup for Touch ID and that won't happen.
    Steve Penny and JDabney like this.
    09-10-2014 10:29 AM
    Don't use the finger you have setup for Touch ID and that won't happen.
    Yeah, I figured that's what I was doing lol!
    09-10-2014 10:33 AM
    I installed the GM last night over 7.1.2 on my iPhone 5C. It's running fantastic so far, no lag that I have noticed and everything I've done on it so far works great. My only issue is the actionable notifications in the notification center. I can't seem to get it to work. For example, when I get a text message, the only option I have swiping left is to dismiss the notification (an "x"). There is no reply option. The same goes for emails. Quick reply works great when in an app or on the home screen, but not in the notification center or on the lock screen. I tried going through settings but I couldn't seem to find anything on it either. Am I missing something here or did that option not make it over to the 5C?
    09-10-2014 10:45 AM
    My computer won't recognize my 5th gen iPod touch or my 5S... USB device not recognized... But it will detect my 3rd gen iPod touch no problem...

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    09-10-2014 10:47 AM
    I downloaded GM overnight and installed it this morning while preparing for my kids to go to school. The installation went without a hitch, thankfully. I used my MacBook running OS X Mavericks and iTunes 11.4 Thus far, everything appears stable, but I don't foresee any problems with it.
    09-10-2014 10:51 AM
    My Exchange contacts are the same as my iCloud contacts in case I need them further down the road. I just don't see any reason to sync my iCloud contacts with my phone right now.
    How about as a back up incase your exchange server crashes and data is unable to be restored at your place of work? You could then fall over to your iCloud back-up and not lose anything.
    09-10-2014 11:24 AM
    I was wondering why the iOS 8 GM seed isn't available over the air; now I know. Silly Apple iPhone update policies.
    09-10-2014 11:55 AM
    How about as a back up incase your exchange server crashes and data is unable to be restored at your place of work? You could then fall over to your iCloud back-up and not lose anything.
    Since I'm the one that maintains the Exchange servers, if they crash and data is not able to be restored, full photo's in calls will be the least of my concerns.
    09-10-2014 12:03 PM
    Ok, figured out my problem, I tried my older cable and now my phone connects to my computer. I guess one of the connection tabs burnt out or something on my newer one. So I'll be picking up a few new cables soon.

Sent from my iPhone 5S (beta testing) or 5th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk
    09-10-2014 12:43 PM
    Ok, figured out my problem, I tried my older cable and now my phone connects to my computer. I guess one of the connection tabs burnt out or something on my newer one. So I'll be picking up a few new cables soon.

Sent from my iPhone 5S (beta testing) or 5th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Nice, and I'm glad you figured out the problem. Thanks for the update, my friend...
    09-10-2014 01:08 PM
    I was wondering why the iOS 8 GM seed isn't available over the air; now I know. Silly Apple iPhone update policies.
    I’m pretty sure that it has to do with cleaning up the internals. Since the betas have been delta updates, it’s possible that there is older "crud" that doesn’t get properly cleaned up - stuff that was included as a part of the testing/debugging, etc. So they force a full update via iTunes to clean that all out.

It also allows the general public to go OTA with the update, since they don’t have any of the beta crud - since they didn’t do any of those updates.

It’s just my personal theory, but it sure makes sense to me.
    09-10-2014 01:11 PM
    Nice, and I'm glad you figured out the problem. Thanks for the update, my friend...
    Well I'm glad I did figure it out the way I did, or if I went to the apple store and came back with a replacement phone I would be back to where I started
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-10-2014 01:25 PM
    I’m pretty sure that it has to do with cleaning up the internals. Since the betas have been delta updates, it’s possible that there is older "crud" that doesn’t get properly cleaned up - stuff that was included as a part of the testing/debugging, etc. So they force a full update via iTunes to clean that all out.

It also allows the general public to go OTA with the update, since they don’t have any of the beta crud - since they didn’t do any of those updates.

It’s just my personal theory, but it sure makes sense to me.
    That is actually spot on. There are some elements to the betas that aren't included in the GM that a user may have setup in the previous betas.
    09-10-2014 01:27 PM
    I wound up updating while I was at work shhhhh lol- I am still restoring from my icloud... its taking forever- our wifi isnt very good here
    09-10-2014 01:28 PM
    I wound up updating while I was at work shhhhh lol- I am still restoring from my icloud... its taking forever- our wifi isnt very good here
    Your secret is safe with us. Just be sure to get to the network guys and have them fix the logs.
    09-10-2014 01:31 PM
    just decided to bite the bullet and install (just came back to iOS from being on another platform)
    installation went well over Windows, so far no issues
    09-10-2014 01:33 PM
    Seems that iTunes12 on my McBook is not liking my iPad and updating via the "Option-Check for Update" method to select the ipsw... iPad now on the dreaded "connect to iTunes" logo and iTunes12 crashes when you open it while the iPad is connected... oh joy.
    09-10-2014 01:44 PM
    I had same issues. and went back to using iTunes 11
    09-10-2014 01:46 PM
    I had same issues. and went back to using iTunes 11
    Can you point me to some instructions on how to do that?

Saw your post above and downloaded AppZapper... would like to know how to proceed from there... or is it as simple as dropping iTunes into AppZapper and then download an install for iTunes11?
    09-10-2014 01:55 PM
    I seem to be back up- all my apps and pics and stuff is back- It still says restoring from icloud back up on my lock screen. I remember the first beta it did that for about a day- anyone else seeing this? I know it wont do a back up until this goes away...
    09-10-2014 02:00 PM
319 ... 34567 ...