Dammit I downloaded Xcode but it won't open and now I have a freaking brick SOB!
    Had to go back to 7.1.2 after being forced into recovery mode. Then tried again. Same thing. Back to 7.1.2 and tried with Xcode open. Same thing. Back to 7.1.2. Re-downloaded the GM. Worked correctly first time without Xcode open. I am on Yosemite and iTunes 12. Then did my iPad Air and it worked fine the first time.
    Steve Penny likes this.
    09-10-2014 04:16 AM
    My Apple iPhone 5C Bootloops after restoring the backup taken in Beta5 in 8.0 GM.

I may be able to restore my Apple iPhone once again to factory settings by entering recovery mode.
    But i want to restore Beta5 backup.

Apple iTunes 11.4 in Windows 7.
    09-10-2014 04:47 AM
    Major lock screen bypass bug I think. If you have a passcode or Touch ID enabled, one can bypass them by simply activating Siri and ask her to give you directions to any specified address or place. It will then proceed to open the maps app and then begin navigation automatically. If you end the navigation and press the home button it will take you to the home screen without having to enter your pass code or Touch ID. Anyone else able to reproduce this? Also I noticed that maps navigation on the lock screen is cut off at the bottom.
    09-10-2014 05:34 AM
    Major lock screen bypass bug I think. If you have a passcode or Touch ID enabled, one can bypass them by simply activating Siri and ask her to give you directions to any specified address or place. It will then proceed to open the maps app and then begin navigation automatically. If you end the navigation and press the home button it will take you to the home screen without having to enter your pass code or Touch ID. Anyone else able to reproduce this? Also I noticed that maps navigation on the lock screen is cut off at the bottom.
    Here is a picture of the bottom being cut off...iOS 8 GM is out. Submit bugs/feedback here.-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1410341938.228033.jpg
    09-10-2014 05:39 AM
    Did I miss an announcement about homekit? Isn't it supposed to be an app like HealthKit? I'm not seeing it on my 5s after installing the GM.
    09-10-2014 05:47 AM
    Did I miss an announcement about homekit? Isn't it supposed to be an app like HealthKit? I'm not seeing it on my 5s after installing the GM.
    No, homekit is a toolset for devs. There is no apart app for it
    09-10-2014 06:06 AM
    ok I think I have a couple options- since my iMac is running Yosemite with iTunes 12 and I really don't want hours of headache-
    Option 1-I have a macbook that I don't have all my music and stuff synced too- its running Mavericks with iTunes 11 something I think- what if i use that to install the GM then just restore from the iCloud back up- that should get all my stuff back and then sync to the Yosemite computer to get my music back
    Option 2- restore next week back to iOS 7- then install OTA like everyone else and restore from iCloud...

What do you guys think? Appreciate your input
    09-10-2014 06:08 AM
    ok I think I have a couple options- since my iMac is running Yosemite with iTunes 12 and I really don't want hours of headache-
    Option 1-I have a macbook that I don't have all my music and stuff synced too- its running Mavericks with iTunes 11 something I think- what if i use that to install the GM then just restore from the iCloud back up- that should get all my stuff back and then sync to the Yosemite computer to get my music back
    Option 2- restore next week back to iOS 7- then install OTA like everyone else and restore from iCloud...

What do you guys think? Appreciate your input
    Both will work, depends on your preference and need for the GM ..... You could also just download Xcode which you then open on your Yosemite machine and it'll then work fine as usual.
    09-10-2014 06:11 AM
    Both will work, depends on your preference and need for the GM ..... You could also just download Xcode which you then open on your Yosemite machine and it'll then work fine as usual.
    Using my MacBook should be pretty painless I think. Shouldn't matter that I never synced my phone to it. Right?
    09-10-2014 06:28 AM
    Using my MacBook should be pretty painless I think. Shouldn't matter that I never synced my phone to it. Right?
    Nope. My iPhone has never synced with my Mac or iTunes as I avoid it at all costs. Just plug the phone in, right-click it and ensure all purchases are transferred, back-up to iCloud again,and you should be good to go.
    09-10-2014 06:31 AM
    Not sure what you mean by make sure all purchases tranfered. If I have the icloud back up why does that matter.
    09-10-2014 06:35 AM
    Not sure what you mean by make sure all purchases tranfered. If I have the icloud back up why does that matter.
    It doesn't.
    09-10-2014 06:40 AM
    I've encountered problems in the past (might be because I'm using two different accounts), whereby back-ups, syncing and updates wouldn't work until 'Transfer all purchases' had been selected and run. If it's not applicable, just carry on.
    09-10-2014 06:45 AM
    I can't reproduce. My phone asks me for the passcode/Touch ID after asking Siri for directions.
    09-10-2014 08:16 AM
    So wifi calling is absent on the T-Mobile iphone 5. Huge bummer
    09-10-2014 08:32 AM
    Not happening for me. I get prompted for my passcode before it will open the maps app.
    09-10-2014 08:32 AM
    Not happening for me. I get prompted for my passcode before it will open the maps app.
    Must have been a fluke because now it prompts me for a password to unlock the lock screen during navigation, but the bottom of the screen still looks to be "cut off". Maybe that's just the new design change?
    09-10-2014 08:42 AM
    Caller ID photo's are not full screen. Still the little circle when people call.
    09-10-2014 09:11 AM
    Caller ID photo's are not full screen. Still the little circle when people call.
    Just tested with several calls. Im getting full screen caller ID photos.
    applefanboi likes this.
    09-10-2014 09:33 AM
    Is there a setting I'm not changing? I've looked everywhere I thought and don't see it listed.
    09-10-2014 09:36 AM
    Is there a setting I'm not changing? I've looked everywhere I thought and don't see it listed.
    You should try reassigning pictures to your contacts. Sometimes that helps. Just steal their Facebook profile picture and use it as their contact photo
    09-10-2014 09:39 AM
    Interactive notifications has totally messed up my workflow. If I am in any app and I get a message, I would slide down the notification bar and read the message and it would mark it as read. Now I can't do that...it only offers quick reply and doesn't mark it as read. I have to open messages and then choose the message for it to be marked as read. For emails, I can only trash or mark as read from the notification bar and can't preview anymore.

Such a pain and a big step backwards for me.
    09-10-2014 09:44 AM
    You should try reassigning pictures to your contacts. Sometimes that helps. Just steal their Facebook profile picture and use it as their contact photo
    They are all in my Outlook synced through Exchange. Just removed my daughters and added it again, no dice on full photos showing up on calls.
    09-10-2014 09:45 AM
    That's why I'm a hardcore anti outlook sync guy.. It's just not it
    09-10-2014 09:47 AM
    Had to go back to 7.1.2 after being forced into recovery mode. Then tried again. Same thing. Back to 7.1.2 and tried with Xcode open. Same thing. Back to 7.1.2. Re-downloaded the GM. Worked correctly first time without Xcode open. I am on Yosemite and iTunes 12. Then did my iPad Air and it worked fine the first time.
    I had issues too so I ended up using my Windows machine to update
    09-10-2014 09:49 AM
319 ... 23456 ...