iOS 8 GM is out. Submit bugs/feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5S download... Done
5th gen iPod touch download... Done
iPhone 4S download... Done
Installing all of them tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone 5S (beta testing) or 5th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I just completed the update. Yes Xcode was required to be open for me in the background in order for iTunes not to crash with Yosemite.

dasupaman23

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I just completed the update. Yes Xcode was required to be open for me in the background in order for iTunes not to crash with Yosemite.

+1

Had to download RecBot to get me out of Recovery and stop the iTunes crash. But finally got XCode installed and had it running during the upgrade. Went smooth.

FrodoBaggins

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Just downloaded the GM onto my 5S. Its great so far, however I don't know if its just me, but siri's voice sounds more than robotic than before - anyone else get this?

Extra note - In case anyone downloads from sites other than apple's developer portal, the MD5 hash for the firmware I downloaded was e202d8311de8e1cb4a409754615bc42b (iPhone 6,2 A1530).

Raghu Sunderam

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
My Apple iPhone 5C Bootloops after restoring the backup taken in Beta5 in 8.0 GM.

I may be able to restore my Apple iPhone once again to factory settings by entering recovery mode.
But i want to restore Beta5 backup.

Apple iTunes 11.4 in Windows 7.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Major lock screen bypass bug I think. If you have a passcode or Touch ID enabled, one can bypass them by simply activating Siri and ask her to give you directions to any specified address or place. It will then proceed to open the maps app and then begin navigation automatically. If you end the navigation and press the home button it will take you to the home screen without having to enter your pass code or Touch ID. Anyone else able to reproduce this? Also I noticed that maps navigation on the lock screen is cut off at the bottom.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Major lock screen bypass bug I think. If you have a passcode or Touch ID enabled, one can bypass them by simply activating Siri and ask her to give you directions to any specified address or place. It will then proceed to open the maps app and then begin navigation automatically. If you end the navigation and press the home button it will take you to the home screen without having to enter your pass code or Touch ID. Anyone else able to reproduce this? Also I noticed that maps navigation on the lock screen is cut off at the bottom.

Here is a picture of the bottom being cut off...ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410341938.228033.jpg

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Did I miss an announcement about homekit? Isn't it supposed to be an app like HealthKit? I'm not seeing it on my 5s after installing the GM.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
ok I think I have a couple options- since my iMac is running Yosemite with iTunes 12 and I really don't want hours of headache-
Option 1-I have a macbook that I don't have all my music and stuff synced too- its running Mavericks with iTunes 11 something I think- what if i use that to install the GM then just restore from the iCloud back up- that should get all my stuff back and then sync to the Yosemite computer to get my music back
Option 2- restore next week back to iOS 7- then install OTA like everyone else and restore from iCloud...

What do you guys think? Appreciate your input

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
ok I think I have a couple options- since my iMac is running Yosemite with iTunes 12 and I really don't want hours of headache-
Option 1-I have a macbook that I don't have all my music and stuff synced too- its running Mavericks with iTunes 11 something I think- what if i use that to install the GM then just restore from the iCloud back up- that should get all my stuff back and then sync to the Yosemite computer to get my music back
Option 2- restore next week back to iOS 7- then install OTA like everyone else and restore from iCloud...

What do you guys think? Appreciate your input

Both will work, depends on your preference and need for the GM ..... You could also just download Xcode which you then open on your Yosemite machine and it'll then work fine as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner