iCloud photos is kinda wonky. I've had some photos just disappear after turning it on. The sms relay, which I understand about them waiting for Yosemite GM. Also it seems like it's not optimized fully when it comes to battery, at least for my devices (5s, rMini). Makes me kinda believe that 8.0.1 will roll out right after launch
    After tomorrow, most of these problems you stated will be gone
    09-16-2014 07:18 PM
    After tomorrow, most of these problems you stated will be gone
    Indeed
    09-16-2014 07:19 PM
    Did anyone notice that Photos in the iCloud settings show as beta?
    09-16-2014 07:21 PM
    iMessage has been giving more errors. When it fails, it fails immediately. I can hit send as text, but it just fails a lot quicker.

Also, full screen caller id pictures suck. Hate it. Much more professional with the postage stamp pic.
    09-16-2014 07:46 PM
    iMessage has been giving more errors. When it fails, it fails immediately. I can hit send as text, but it just fails a lot quicker.

Also, full screen caller id pictures suck. Hate it. Much more professional with the postage stamp pic.
    Did you make sure iMessage is turned on? I had the same before I realized it was off by default when iOS 8 first boot up on a fresh install.
    09-16-2014 07:52 PM
    My only issue so far is apps that update need to be updated again. So far Lastpass and Scanbot have had to update several times.
    09-16-2014 07:53 PM
    Anyone having issues with Plantronics headsets on the GM? My two headsets work but the answer button doesn't neither does the CallerId announcements.
    09-16-2014 07:56 PM
    Seeing how Apple took so many features out of the GM that were previously in the betas, does anyone here think that the build that's released tomorrow publicly will be different from what most of us are running in the GM?
    What features were pulled? Please stop spreading FUD.
    09-16-2014 08:39 PM
    I keep getting these logs on my 5S:
    I have about 15 of them so far since I installed the beta yesterday and they all are the same expect for the time:
    Attachment 64393
    All of them say "thermal not updating", I had this issue with beta 5 but I only got about 4 a day, at the rate it's going I'll end up with close to 20 or more. I didn't have this issue with iOS 7.1.2 only beta 5 and now worse with the GM. I can't tell if it's my phone or iOS that's causing it.
    I too had this happening on my iPhone 5 with IOS 8 GM...I have reinstalled Ios 7.1.2 back onto the phone since I wasnt sure why this kept showing up in the error logs.. I too am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? And if it is something to be concerned about? Thanks!
    09-16-2014 09:00 PM
    Did anyone notice that Photos in the iCloud settings show as beta?
    Yep
    09-16-2014 09:04 PM
    Mmm if iOS 8 is so buggy why Apple bring it to public??? I have the feeling it's far from been ready and stable.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    09-16-2014 09:11 PM
    Mmm if iOS 8 is so buggy why Apple bring it to public??? I have the feeling it's far from been ready and stable.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    On the contrary, iOS 8 is stable since beta 4 for me
    09-16-2014 09:12 PM
    I too had this happening on my iPhone 5 with IOS 8 GM...I have reinstalled Ios 7.1.2 back onto the phone since I wasnt sure why this kept showing up in the error logs.. I too am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? And if it is something to be concerned about? Thanks!
    I've also have had this on my 5th gen iPod touch and my iPhone 4S along with my 5S. I think unless your phone starts getting really warm it's nothing to worry about too much.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    09-16-2014 10:42 PM
    Did you make sure iMessage is turned on? I had the same before I realized it was off by default when iOS 8 first boot up on a fresh install.
    It's on. Been on. Just happens every now and then. More so when sending a picture message. Doesn't matter if it's on LTE or wi-fi.
    09-16-2014 10:51 PM
    When the home button is double clicked, the Favorites and 'Recent' are visible.
    The 'recent' displayed there, seem to have no link to the actual recent calls list. I have a contact that seem to be permanently stuck in that display to whom I have never called nor texted recently ( text was sent 6 days ago). Even after clearing the call log, the contact doesn't go away from the 'recent' display.
    Favorites are fine and change as per changes made in the Favorite list.
    09-17-2014 02:26 AM
    Over the last 24 hours I've been expereincing a problem I had in earlier betas whereby apps don't update properly.

I'll select to update the app or Update All, the app will go through the update process and install, but when I go back in to the App Store it will be there again for update. Yesterday's LastPass update has so far done his 10 times!
    09-17-2014 05:41 AM
    we can only assume today's release will vary from the GM build #
    09-17-2014 07:57 AM
    and ghostface147 just might have the BEST profile pic i have ever seen
    ghostface147 likes this.
    09-17-2014 07:59 AM
    Over the last 24 hours I've been expereincing a problem I had in earlier betas whereby apps don't update properly.

I'll select to update the app or Update All, the app will go through the update process and install, but when I go back in to the App Store it will be there again for update. Yesterday's LastPass update has so far done his 10 times!
    I noticed this in a post a bit above yours. So it's not just me
    Steve Penny likes this.
    09-17-2014 08:00 AM
    Have had a few issues/bugs on iOS 8 GM...
    1. New contacts added don't sync to other devices
    2. Some SMS texts will not sync to other devices
    3. My wife's Call Log is showing up on my Call Log & vice versa
    4. Notes are not syncing across other devices
    I've confirmed iCloud is logged in with same account & items are all checked to sync

Any thoughts?
    09-17-2014 09:33 AM
    Have had a few issues/bugs on iOS 8 GM...
    1. New contacts added don't sync to other devices
    2. Some SMS texts will not sync to other devices
    3. My wife's Call Log is showing up on my Call Log & vice versa
    4. Notes are not syncing across other devices
    I've confirmed iCloud is logged in with same account & items are all checked to sync

Any thoughts?
    Options 1 & 4 are not a problem for me. 2 & 3 are not applicable in my regard. Later today when the "official" iOS 8 drops, I recommend you do a fresh install and set up as new.
    Steve Penny likes this.
    09-17-2014 09:42 AM
    I just logged into my developer portal this morning and see that the GM betas are not there. The "iOS 8 GM Seed" is greyed out. When I click on it I get the error message that I must be a member. The link to my membership status still shows everything is good.

Anyone else seeing this?
    Nothings greyed out on my end, I'm still able to download the beta.
    09-17-2014 10:08 AM
    Nothings greyed out on my end, I'm still able to download the beta.
    Yeah, it was a PEBCAK error. I was logged in with the wrong Apple ID. Thanks.
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    09-17-2014 10:15 AM
    this is my first GM install- I assume when apple pushes an update after today it will show up OTA?
    09-17-2014 01:19 PM
    this is my first GM install- I assume when apple pushes an update after today it will show up OTA?
    It is no GM anymore. It's the public version
    09-17-2014 01:28 PM
319 ... 10111213