Crazy question. Had to reset my settings. Long story. Now my iMac on Yosemite isn't sending text messages from non iOS users or getting them. Am I missing something in settings on my phone
    09-14-2014 05:34 PM
    hmm thanks- It had been working before- so just a coincidence? Not sure I believe in coincidence lol... Has yours been off too?
    09-14-2014 05:46 PM
    hmm thanks- It had been working before- so just a coincidence? Not sure I believe in coincidence lol... Has yours been off too?
    Yeah, it worked well for several weeks, and just stopped. At one point, it came back for a couple of hours. Really frustrating. But it was something that we didn’t have before. Still, Apple will get it sorted out.
    phreddyl likes this.
    09-14-2014 05:51 PM
    Yeah, it worked well for several weeks, and just stopped. At one point, it came back for a couple of hours. Really frustrating. But it was something that we didn’t have before. Still, Apple will get it sorted out.
    while I am sorry you are having issues I feel so much better- I thought it was something I did when I reset the settings- thanks!
    09-14-2014 05:58 PM
    Major lock screen bypass bug I think. If you have a passcode or Touch ID enabled, one can bypass them by simply activating Siri and ask her to give you directions to any specified address or place. It will then proceed to open the maps app and then begin navigation automatically. If you end the navigation and press the home button it will take you to the home screen without having to enter your pass code or Touch ID. Anyone else able to reproduce this? Also I noticed that maps navigation on the lock screen is cut off at the bottom.
    Do you have a 5s with your fingerprint to unlock?
    09-14-2014 08:40 PM
    Does "Hey Siri" work for anyone? I did a thread search. It worked for some in Beta 5 but not working on GM for me.. never did.
    It works for me. You have to turn it on under settings, general, siri
    09-14-2014 11:54 PM
    The wireless providers have EVERYTHING to to with allowing/not allowing hotspot connections. If your plan doesnt include hotspot tethering, it wont show up in settings, AFAIK.
    Then why did I have Hotspot option on iOS7 before and now I don't ??? nothing has changed but the iOS firmware.
    09-15-2014 03:21 AM
    Then why did I have Hotspot option on iOS7 before and now I don't ??? nothing has changed but the iOS firmware.
    It's under cellular options "set up personal hotspot"
    09-15-2014 10:21 AM
    It works for me. You have to turn it on under settings, general, siri
    I'm running iOS8 GM on my 5S (AT&T), Hey Siri works for me but I have to hold down my home button first and then it works, is this correct?
    09-15-2014 11:38 AM
    some carriers block this feature unless you have a certain plan from them. i know in Canada that's not the case but i've seen it in USA.

'Hey Siri' works fine for me.
    09-15-2014 12:01 PM
    I'm running iOS8 GM on my 5S (AT&T), Hey Siri works for me but I have to hold down my home button first and then it works, is this correct?
    That doesn't seem right. You should be able to say "hey Siri" when the phone is plugged in to activate Siri.
    09-15-2014 12:28 PM
    That doesn't seem right. You should be able to say "hey Siri" when the phone is plugged in to activate Siri.
    You have to allow 'Hey Siri'
    09-15-2014 02:42 PM
    I FOUND IT! Thanks

TO CONFIGURE HOTSPOT:
    From Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Network -> *Scroll down* PERSONAL HOTSPOT (add username and password).
    09-16-2014 02:38 AM
    Since I had nothing better to do at work, I bit the bullet and installed the GM, restored from backup and got myself going 2 days in advance. After a soft reset, entering the passcode seems a bit delayed. Apart from that, I am not trying to find anymore bugs.

Just 1 question though....will I be able to install 8.0.1 OTA or through iTunes only ?
    09-16-2014 07:09 AM
    Since I had nothing better to do at work, I bit the bullet and installed the GM, restored from backup and got myself going 2 days in advance. After a soft reset, entering the passcode seems a bit delayed. Apart from that, I am not trying to find anymore bugs.

Just 1 question though....will I be able to install 8.0.1 OTA or through iTunes only ?
    You'll have the OTA option.
    Steve Penny and ritesh like this.
    09-16-2014 10:23 AM
    Anyone able to get handoff and continuity working between iPhone and iPad? Can't figure it out.
    09-16-2014 02:28 PM
    My hand off works fine with out issues.
    09-16-2014 02:41 PM
    My hand off works fine with out issues.
    Well, that's great for you! Could you maybe let me know how yours is working? Lol
    09-16-2014 02:46 PM
    Anyone else not have weather on the today screen? I can't seem to find how to add it back. I have the edit option but only to remove. Weird.
    09-16-2014 06:32 PM
    Anyone else not have weather on the today screen? I can't seem to find how to add it back. I have the edit option but only to remove. Weird.
    Open the weather app and see if it needs location services.
    09-16-2014 06:37 PM
    Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Weather > [ALWAYS]

Then open the native weather app at least once.
    09-16-2014 06:37 PM
    I had checked all that first which is what was frustrating me. Looked again and there it was.... Must have been opening the app and waiting a bit for it to populate. THANKS!
    09-16-2014 06:43 PM
    Seeing how Apple took so many features out of the GM that were previously in the betas, does anyone here think that the build that's released tomorrow publicly will be different from what most of us are running in the GM?
    09-16-2014 07:07 PM
    Seeing how Apple took so many features out of the GM that were previously in the betas, does anyone here think that the build that's released tomorrow publicly will be different from what most of us are running in the GM?
    What features in the betas aren't in this GM, according to you?? Except Shazam not being integrated in Siri, I can't think of any
    09-16-2014 07:12 PM
    iCloud photos is kinda wonky. I've had some photos just disappear after turning it on. The sms relay, which I understand about them waiting for Yosemite GM. Also it seems like it's not optimized fully when it comes to battery, at least for my devices (5s, rMini). Makes me kinda believe that 8.0.1 will roll out right after launch
    09-16-2014 07:17 PM
319 ... 910111213