Saw someone with a BlackBerry, wait was that an iPhone? Na can't be using all if the features that I have, gesture based, reply from the toast notifications.....no! it's a dev ios8! Innovation people!

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    anon6113468 likes this.
    09-06-2014 08:29 PM
    I'm sorry, but what the heck are you talking about?....
    09-06-2014 08:45 PM
    I'm sorry, but what the heck are you talking about?....
    Use a BlackBerry and then IOS 8....and I know apple is going to get the credit, I mean I respect apple and all but this is a carbon copy

09-06-2014 08:58 PM
    Use a BlackBerry and then IOS 8....and I know apple is going to get the credit, I mean I respect apple and all but this is a carbon copy

Oh, I see what you're saying, but no thanks. I'll take your word for it. I'm currently running iOS 8 on my iPhone 5 and am quite pleased with it. It doesn't bother me one bit that it's a "carbon copy" of the Blackberry OS. To me, it's an enjoyable user experience on a device that I prefer.......and I'm a longtime Blackberry "fanboy"... for real.
    09-06-2014 09:04 PM
    Personally, if I never use a Blackberry again, it will be too soon. I had one for work and it was the most detestable, user unfriendly, ugly thing imaginable. My opinion of course.

So if I get you straight, what Apple have done is take an ugly, awkward device, ripped all the good bits from it and made them better. I can't see a downside here.
    swarlos likes this.
    09-06-2014 09:11 PM
    Personally, if I never use a Blackberry again, it will be too soon. I had one for work and it was the most detestable, user unfriendly, ugly thing imaginable. My opinion of course.

So if I get you straight, what Apple have done is take an ugly, awkward device, ripped all the good bits from it and made them better. I can't see a downside here.
    You do realize Blackberry's are beyond OS 5 these days right? Ever use BB10? Didnt think so.

Apple has never been shy about ripping off others ideas.

09-06-2014 09:48 PM
    That must be why blackberry is doing so much better than apple... Honestly these threads are exhausting.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    anon4757448, taz323 and swarlos like this.
    09-06-2014 09:57 PM
    Saw someone with a BlackBerry, wait was that an iPhone? Na can't be using all if the features that I have, gesture based, reply from the toast notifications.....no! it's a dev ios8! Innovation people!

B. S. (The end)
    qbnkelt and mikeo007 like this.
    09-06-2014 10:05 PM
    I have blackberry z10 and a q10 and doesn't have anything with iOS.
    But if I can I'll convert an iPhone + a blackberry 10 into one smartphone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fabio984; 09-07-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    09-06-2014 10:19 PM

Troll much?
    qbnkelt, Les74 and mikeo007 like this.
    09-07-2014 12:00 AM
    NO. NO. NO. Blackberry stole it from webOS and then Apple followed suit, but did a much better job at copying it!
    mikeo007 and HelloNNNewman like this.
    09-07-2014 08:18 AM

LOL!!!! BB10? The one on my Q10? The one that's a total rip off from WebOS???? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on people!!!! Stop denying the obvious!!!!
    09-07-2014 09:07 AM
    You do realize Blackberry's are beyond OS 5 these days right? Ever use BB10? Didnt think so.

Apple has never been shy about ripping off others ideas.

Yup....I'm waiting for Thorsten Heinz and Mike and Jim to mention how they ripped off WebOS.....come on....keep your delusions elsewhere....
    09-07-2014 09:09 AM
    That must be why blackberry is doing so much better than apple... Honestly these threads are exhausting.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    Yah it shows the level of desperation of the BB acolytes. At 1 or 2% percent marketshare they're doing all they can to consider themselves relevant.

Even with the tank of the Apple stock last week BlackBerry's market cap is literally a fraction of Apple. The consumers who buy more iPhones in one week than BlackBerry does in a whole YEAR care only in what the iPhone does for them. The who copied whom is absolutely irrelevant when they choose iPhone over anything BlackBerry puts out.

BY.THE.TENS.OF.MILLIONS.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 09-07-2014 at 09:40 AM.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-07-2014 09:25 AM
    Whether of not someone copied someone else is irrelevant. It always is and will be, and I am not saying iOS 8 copied BlackBerry 10 but who copied who threads are tiring. Plus for us consumers does it really matter in the end?
    09-07-2014 09:43 AM
    Whether of not someone copied someone else is irrelevant. It always is and will be, and I am not saying iOS 8 copied BlackBerry 10 but who copied who threads are tiring. Plus for us consumers does it really matter in the end?
    Not at all. And on top of that I don't have to rip off another platform's developers to get their unsupported apps on my device.

A895 likes this.
    09-07-2014 09:47 AM
    But apple is the one going around suing people left and right, and god knows they rip of more ideas than anybody else. And by the way ios multitasking is still not in the league of webos. It has a lot of hype tho, maybe that's why its they call it the hype phone
    09-07-2014 09:55 AM
    But apple is the one going around suing people left and right, and god knows they rip of more ideas than anybody else. And by the way ios multitasking is still not in the league of webos. It has a lot of hype tho, maybe that's why its they call it the hype phone
    And yet, people are here, in a forum primarily catering to Apple products and services, awaiting the launch of the new iPhone, and hoping to be among the first to purchase and receive one.
    09-07-2014 10:05 AM
    Not at all. And on top of that I don't have to rip off another platform's developers to get their unsupported apps on my device.

Haha it is true. They need to cut the nonsense and make an Android device already, Amazon is a third rate app store.
    09-07-2014 10:09 AM
    And yet, people are here, in a forum primarily catering to Apple products and services, awaiting the launch of the new iPhone, and hoping to be among the first to purchase and receive one.
    And THAT is what counts. Tech enthusiasts can say what they want on an online forum. The consumer has spoken - where are BlackBerry and WebOS in relation to Apple?

Right....
    09-07-2014 10:10 AM
    and a one car manufacturer copied another, and a generic drug manufacturer copied a brand name drug manufacturer, and one mutual fund portfolio manager copies another. The list goes on and on.

MS copied Apple for an GUI OS.... and Apple copied Xerox. Does your everyday average consumer care?

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
    09-07-2014 10:10 AM
    Apple is successful, WebOS was not. Whether you agree or disagree with Apples method of success is irrelevant. Not to be harsh but Android and iOS are the only mainstays in mobile OS's right now. I wouldn't be surprised if BlackBerry goes away next year and WP is dropped by 2016. Both are hitting some high roadblocks.
    09-07-2014 10:12 AM
    Well BlackBerry can consider themselves lucky that WebOS didn't sue them into spending he last 3 billion they've got left to pay them off.

And, the *milliions* of iOS users don't care a flying fig about whose multitasking is better. They care about when they can get the *NEXT* iPhone.
    A895 likes this.
    09-07-2014 10:13 AM
    At 2.3% market share, BlackBerry's ripping off WebOS and ripping off Andiroid apps for their devices without developer support doesn't seem to be earning them any advantages. Rip off WebOS, rip off Android developers, and this is where you end up...in the "also ran" category...

Apple€™s U.S. Smartphone Share Lead Widens Ahead of iPhone 6 Launch - MarketWatch
    A895 likes this.
    09-07-2014 10:19 AM

They need you over at Crackberry! ASAP!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    09-07-2014 10:25 AM
67 123