iOS 8 is a copy of the Blackberry OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgg101

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
and a one car manufacturer copied another, and a generic drug manufacturer copied a brand name drug manufacturer, and one mutual fund portfolio manager copies another. The list goes on and on.

MS copied Apple for an GUI OS.... and Apple copied Xerox. Does your everyday average consumer care?

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
But apple is the one going around suing people left and right, and god knows they rip of more ideas than anybody else. And by the way ios multitasking is still not in the league of webos. It has a lot of hype tho, maybe that's why its they call it the hype phone

Apple is successful, WebOS was not. Whether you agree or disagree with Apples method of success is irrelevant. Not to be harsh but Android and iOS are the only mainstays in mobile OS's right now. I wouldn't be surprised if BlackBerry goes away next year and WP is dropped by 2016. Both are hitting some high roadblocks.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
But apple is the one going around suing people left and right, and god knows they rip of more ideas than anybody else. And by the way ios multitasking is still not in the league of webos. It has a lot of hype tho, maybe that's why its they call it the hype phone

Well BlackBerry can consider themselves lucky that WebOS didn't sue them into spending he last 3 billion they've got left to pay them off.

And, the *milliions* of iOS users don't care a flying fig about whose multitasking is better. They care about when they can get the *NEXT* iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Saw someone with a BlackBerry, wait was that an iPhone? Na can't be using all if the features that I have, gesture based, reply from the toast notifications.....no! it's a dev ios8! Innovation people!

Posted via the iMore App for Android
They need you over at Crackberry! ASAP!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
They need you over at Crackberry! ASAP!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Considering how many times they tell people to leave Crackberry if a dissenting opinion is given, I find it hilariously ironic that they come in here to instigate.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

And exactly where is WebOS today?

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
webOS, or rather LuneOS is finally beginning to gain some traction in terms of being available to certain devices, but we are still in beta. webs-ports.org for the info. We also a successful line of TVs, and possibly an LG phone if the TV sales keep up.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
webOS, or rather LuneOS is finally beginning to gain some traction in terms of being available to certain devices, but we are still in beta. webs-ports.org for the info. We also a successful line of TVs, and possibly an LG phone if the TV sales keep up.
So pretty much nowhere?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I would be interested.....

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Yep, it's hyped so much that you felt the need to come here and post....

tmb2013

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I am forces to use BB10 on my work device. It is a piece of crap. If Apple have "copied" it and made it useable in the process, then kudos to Apple.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
So pretty much nowhere?

Closer than after webOS was axed in 2011. We have a neat interface with updated icons, the mochi design might end up getting implemented if we can get the manpower to work on it. Its pretty impressive what they've done so far considering the fact that its only a handful of people working in their spare time.

Sean Fanelli

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
This new title is making the mood of my post come along completely wrong, I did not change it. I was stating that IOS was similar, not trying to pass people off

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
This new title is making the mood of my post come along completely wrong, I did not change it. I was stating that IOS was similar, not trying to pass people off

So shall we rename the thread, "BlackBerry is a copy of WebOS" then? And maybe you should reread your OP...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

The title says that you think that "iOS 8 is a copy of the Blackberry OS". You left yourself very little wiggle room on that one. You didn’t say it "looked like", "resembled" or "reminds me of" - you suggested that it was "a copy of".

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The title was changed by me to fit the gist of what you were concluding. Your second post is clearly inline with the thread title. Having said that, I do not believe that it was your intent to cause problems, but your first two posts did not come across as merely a similarity like you are currently stating. With that in mind, if you see iOS 8 as a copy of Blackberry, say so and stick with it, but be able to accept disagreeing opinions, especially in a forum that caters primarily to Apple products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2