They need you over at Crackberry! ASAP!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    Considering how many times they tell people to leave Crackberry if a dissenting opinion is given, I find it hilariously ironic that they come in here to instigate.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    09-07-2014 10:30 AM
    But apple is the one going around suing people left and right, and god knows they rip of more ideas than anybody else. And by the way ios multitasking is still not in the league of webos. It has a lot of hype tho, maybe that's why its they call it the hype phone
    And exactly where is WebOS today?
    A895 and Derrick4Real like this.
    09-07-2014 10:49 AM
    webOS, or rather LuneOS is finally beginning to gain some traction in terms of being available to certain devices, but we are still in beta. webs-ports.org for the info. We also a successful line of TVs, and possibly an LG phone if the TV sales keep up.
    09-07-2014 11:11 AM
    webOS, or rather LuneOS is finally beginning to gain some traction in terms of being available to certain devices, but we are still in beta. webs-ports.org for the info. We also a successful line of TVs, and possibly an LG phone if the TV sales keep up.
    So pretty much nowhere?
    Les74 and Derrick4Real like this.
    09-07-2014 11:43 AM
    I would be interested.....
    09-07-2014 11:45 AM
    But apple is the one going around suing people left and right, and god knows they rip of more ideas than anybody else. And by the way ios multitasking is still not in the league of webos. It has a lot of hype tho, maybe that's why its they call it the hype phone
    Yep, it's hyped so much that you felt the need to come here and post....
    09-07-2014 12:09 PM
    I am forces to use BB10 on my work device. It is a piece of crap. If Apple have "copied" it and made it useable in the process, then kudos to Apple.
    Coachbulldog and jdhooghe like this.
    09-07-2014 04:14 PM
    What version

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    09-07-2014 04:56 PM
    So pretty much nowhere?
    Closer than after webOS was axed in 2011. We have a neat interface with updated icons, the mochi design might end up getting implemented if we can get the manpower to work on it. Its pretty impressive what they've done so far considering the fact that its only a handful of people working in their spare time.
    09-07-2014 05:34 PM
    Please tell me you're joking.
    Derrick4Real likes this.
    09-07-2014 07:43 PM
    This new title is making the mood of my post come along completely wrong, I did not change it. I was stating that IOS was similar, not trying to pass people off

09-07-2014 07:52 PM
    This new title is making the mood of my post come along completely wrong, I did not change it. I was stating that IOS was similar, not trying to pass people off

So shall we rename the thread, "BlackBerry is a copy of WebOS" then? And maybe you should reread your OP...
    Just_Me_D, A895, qbnkelt and 2 others like this.
    09-07-2014 07:54 PM
    So shall we rename the thread, "BlackBerry is a copy of WebOS" then? And maybe you should reread your OP...
    I simply wanted to make a discussion point, not cause outrage

Posted via the iMore App for Android on BlackBerry
    09-07-2014 07:56 PM

The title says that you think that "iOS 8 is a copy of the Blackberry OS". You left yourself very little wiggle room on that one. You didn’t say it "looked like", "resembled" or "reminds me of" - you suggested that it was "a copy of".
    09-07-2014 07:56 PM

The title was changed by me to fit the gist of what you were concluding. Your second post is clearly inline with the thread title. Having said that, I do not believe that it was your intent to cause problems, but your first two posts did not come across as merely a similarity like you are currently stating. With that in mind, if you see iOS 8 as a copy of Blackberry, say so and stick with it, but be able to accept disagreeing opinions, especially in a forum that caters primarily to Apple products.
    Beyond Fire and agarwal.apar like this.
    09-07-2014 08:47 PM
    The title says that you think that "iOS 8 is a copy of the Blackberry OS". You left yourself very little wiggle room on that one. You didnt say it "looked like", "resembled" or "reminds me of" - you suggested that it was "a copy of".
    To the OP's credit, he did not post the current title of this thread. I did. It's my job to alter titles to better fit the OP's point, and if you read his first two posts, the thread title is befitting. His second post stated,

"Use a BlackBerry and then IOS 8....and I know apple is going to get the credit, I mean I respect apple and all but this is a carbon copy".

That is his primary point as I understood it to be at the time I made the title change. Befitting? Yep...
    swarlos likes this.
    09-07-2014 08:52 PM

You are not causing an outrage, and if you were, we would be taking action accordingly. Members are reading your posts and responding. Although you could very well be quite innocent in regard to intent, you still are partly to blame for the replies you are receiving. You started this thread with what could be perceived as a humorous slight against iOS 8, and in your second post, you called it a carbon copy of Blackberry. You did that in an Apple-centric forum. Did you honestly think that all of your replies would be in agreement with you?
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-07-2014 at 09:37 PM.
    taz323 likes this.
    09-07-2014 09:00 PM
    Please tell me you're joking.
    Why would I be joking? Do you see how many posts I have on webOS Nation?
    09-07-2014 09:18 PM
    Why would I be joking? Do you see how many posts I have on webOS Nation?
    Oh not you, the OP haha
    09-07-2014 10:24 PM
    Ohh, that makes quite a lot of sense
    09-07-2014 10:35 PM
    I go visit Crackberry here and there, but don't criticize or insinuate anything negative about the products the good folks at Crackberry seem to enjoy. I could see it coming from this OP with comments made on another thread. Here we are high on the upcoming Keynote, iP6 release and the iOS 8 release, among other things, and he comes in here saying iOS 8 is a copy of the Zxxx Blackberry? I have to give him credit for bravery! He knew exactly what he was doing. It's called pushing buttons. Amusing.

Les74, mikeo007 and Coachbulldog like this.
    09-07-2014 10:45 PM
    I go visit Crackberry here and there, but don't criticize or insinuate anything negative about the products the good folks at Crackberry seem to enjoy. I could see it coming from this OP with comments made on another thread. Here we are high on the upcoming Keynote, iP6 release and the iOS 8 release, among other things, and he comes in here saying iOS 8 is a copy of the Zxxx Blackberry? I have to give him credit for bravery! He knew exactly what he was doing. It's called pushing buttons. Amusing.

Im just going to drop this in here, and then move along.

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
    09-07-2014 11:03 PM
    Yep, it's hyped so much that you felt the need to come here and post....
    I'm sure most can admit that there has always been a certain amount of hype surrounding the iphone with multiple millions having one just to be able to say they have an iphone.

The iphone is OK. It does what a modern smarthphone is supposed to do. My girlfriend has one and I have no problems giving it back to her, dont have to pry it out of my hands or anything like that. But for the things I do the most my pre2 does it better
    kataran likes this.
    09-07-2014 11:46 PM
    The title of this thread literally cracked me up! ROFL
    09-08-2014 03:57 AM

Your very first post in the thread seems to contradict that. After your initial premise suffers from a reality check.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    Les74 and mikeo007 like this.
    09-08-2014 04:00 AM
67 123