What Is Your Least Favorite New iOS 8 Feature?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have not had the pleasure of experiencing the iOS 8 betas. I've heard all about what everyone likes. But what new feature do you like the least?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure it's just an iOS 8 feature since it started with iOS 7, but I do not like the "bottom dock" on the home screen. I think they should bring back the "floating shelf dock".....just my 02. cents.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure it's just an iOS 8 feature since it started with iOS 7, but I do not like the "bottom dock" on the home screen. I think they should bring back the "floating shelf dock".....just my 02. cents.
Yep! Actually, I'd like to see nothing at all at the bottom. What purpose does any type if visible dock serve?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
wow I don't even remember not having the bottom dock....guess that just shows my short attention span that my teachers always complained about!!!

I am REALLY liking the two "nothing" answers above:cool:

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I feel the favourite contacts option in the notification settings could have been replaced with an optional widget style setup where the user can chose what they want in that section whether it be weather, Facebook etc.....

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Least favorite feature??? That it is not out of beta yet. I want to install it on my Wife and kids phones, but I wont add them to my Dev account. Plus until apps get updated I dont want them to deal with things not working. :)

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Least favorite feature??? That it is not out of beta yet. I want to install it on my Wife and kids phones, but I wont add them to my Dev account. Plus until apps get updated I dont want them to deal with things not working. :)

My wife has been running it since Beta 4 and she hasn't complained about anything not working. Trust me she complains when an app crashes alllllll the time lol.

I put Beta 5 on my phone on Tuesday and it has been smooth sailing for me.

I like all the new features in iOS 8 but I would have liked to see a few more:

- Ability to change the bottom dock, I hate the iOS 7/8 one.
- Ability to easily theme icons without jailbreaking. If I could do this I would't have a reason to JB anymore.
- Add colors to different email accounts to easily discern them when viewing the unified inbox.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Least favourite? Darn, I can't think of anything that I dislike enough to be at the bottom of my list. I can certainly talk up some of the new features though.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Wait I just thought of something. The Recently deleted folder in the pictures. Makes no sense to me. Deleting something twice is so counter-intuitive IMO

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen the photo stream feature working yet anyway. I am running the beta on my phone and pics I take show up on ipad photo stream but pics I take with ipad do not show up on phone.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Def don't like the photo stream folder being gone. Apparently your stream is mixed in recently added.
At first I did like the most recent contacts by double clicking the home button but I can see people not liking it as a privacy issues. Anyone can see who you've recently communicated with. Should be an option to turn this off

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
At first I did like the most recent contacts by double clicking the home button but I can see people not liking it as a privacy issues. Anyone can see who you've recently communicated with. Should be an option to turn this off

There is an option to turn it off
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409267214.885299.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S (beta testing) or 5th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
My least two favorite features:

1. Interactive notifications...well at least for mail. In iOS 7 I am able to be in a game, other app...whatever and get a mail notification. I would swipe down and read it, swipe it back up and go back to my game or whatever app I am in. In iOS 8, I can get that same notification and the only options I get are mark as read or delete. I can't read the notification without going into mail. What a waste.

2. The need to have message preview turned on to use quick reply. I keep my message preview disabled for a reason. Defeats the purpose of leaving the message preview disabled. Maybe if they would build an option to leave it disabled but when you use quick reply, then you can see it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR