Will iPad Mini 1st Gen have Continuity?

AAA1337

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Question's in the title. I couldn't find any website that lists all supported devices anywhere (or I'm just bad at searching, I don't know).

AAA1337

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Oh no, I do understand that iPad mini is getting iOS 8. But remember how last time some of the older devices like iPhones 4 and 4S, and iPad 2 didn't get some of the newer features, like blurred backgrounds and AirDrop (4S got the former I think).

I was just wondering whether there's any rumours or confirmations as to what features will make it to the ipad Mini and the ones that won't.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Oh no, I do understand that iPad mini is getting iOS 8. But remember how last time some of the older devices like iPhones 4 and 4S, and iPad 2 didn't get some of the newer features, like blurred backgrounds and AirDrop (4S got the former I think).

I was just wondering whether there's any rumours or confirmations as to what features will make it to the ipad Mini and the ones that won't.

You're somehow right. In other words, there might be the possibility that, iPad mini 1st generation can have continuity

Sent from my iPhone 5S Gold

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Unless Continuity and handoff are two different services, it's working with no problems between my iPad mini first gen, and iPhone 5. Hope that clears things up.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
iPad mini 1st gen is a compact iPad 2. You're not talking about software upgrades, you're talking about lack of features when upgraded?

DylanR201593

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
In short yes every device with Bluetooth 4.0 LE and up can. IPhone 4S and up, iPad 2 and up, iPad Mini and up, and iPod Touch 5G. The only thing is for a lot of these features to work they have to both be on iOS 8 obviously. And signed into the same iTunes account on both devices. Same for Macs which have Bluetooth 4.0 LE and up or a Bluetooth 4.0 LE dongle.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
In short yes every device with Bluetooth 4.0 LE and up can. IPhone 4S and up, iPad 2 and up, iPad Mini and up, and iPod Touch 5G. The only thing is for a lot of these features to work they have to both be on iOS 8 obviously. And signed into the same iTunes account on both devices. Same for Macs which have Bluetooth 4.0 LE and up or a Bluetooth 4.0 LE dongle.

The iPad 2 only has Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S (beta testing) using Tapatalk

applemaximus

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have not read different, but I do wonder if iPad2 and iPad mini1 will be able to handle all the features.

This really depends if they decide to release some processor intense features.
But so far I think that these two should be fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods