iOS 8 beta 5 is out. Submit feedback and bugs here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
You might want to reset your device and download a fresh copy of iOS 8 beta 5 because I'm not experiencing any of those things.

A hard reboot fixed the app update issue, but the others still occur.

One other I forgot about; When I access the podcast app over cellular it won't download the file I choose to play. I'm told that I need to turn on cellular data (despite it being on). I have to access settings, turn it off and then back on - this normally has to be done 2-3 times before the app realises I am actually on a cellular network. It will also occasionally refuse to do anything, even when on wifi.

mubashiramin

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
My carrier support, it. I'm using it since 7.0. Today i resorted my phone to 7.1.2. hotspot appeared and worked. Than updated to beta 5. Hotspot appeared for a moment but as i connected to my wifi it disappeared again. and now again there is not hotspot.
it's been here for me in all the betas. maybe your carrier doesn't allow personal hotspot on your plan so it doesn't show ?
View attachment 62682

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
How to enable it under cellular? Only options under cellular are cellular data, LTE and data roaming. There is no hotspot option.

This is what I get under Cellular
tynebagu.jpg

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The action buttons in a mail message in beta 5 are non-functional when the device is in landscape mode. Tapping them causes nothing to happen. Rotate the phone back to portrait mode and the buttons are again functional.
IMG_2464.PNG

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The action buttons in a mail message in beta 4 are non-functional when the device is in landscape mode. Tapping them causes nothing to happen. Rotate the phone back to portrait mode and the buttons are again functional.
View attachment 62714

They all function on my iPhone 5 in both portrait and landscape mode, and I verified it after reading your post.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
It preforms quite well. just as well as iOS 7. Has little quirks here and there, but for speed it's par with the current iOS 7 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox