iOS 8 beta 5 is out. Submit feedback and bugs here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone had an issue with Instagram with beta 5 or even beta 4? I am trying to setup my Share settings for Twitter and I continue to get the error - "we couldn't connect to Twitter. If you see this error repeatedly, tap Learn More to visit our Help Center." Help center didn't help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it but no luck. Tried it in Beta 4 and was hoping it was fixed in Beta 5 but no luck yet.

Just installed the beta I will try for you and give you the feed back

Sent from my iPhone 5S Gold

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Beta 5 is out. Feedback/Bugs thread

I don't know if this is a bug or not but I submitted a report on the dev site:

I have my message previews turned off. Previews show up as they should anyway in notification center. If I'm within an app and receive a message and pull down on the banner, the text field is already automatically there for a quick reply under the preview of the message. If I swipe back up to get rid of NC without having replied, the message is marked as read. If I take no action on the banner at all and just leave the message in NC, then I don't even have the quick reply option left anymore to use.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407257232.664283.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407257243.113156.jpg

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

I have my message previews turned off. Previews show up as they should anyway in notification center. If I'm within an app and receive a message and pull down on the banner, the text field is already automatically there for a quick reply under the preview of the message. If I swipe back up to get rid of NC without having replied, the message is marked as read. If I take no action on the banner at all and just leave the message in NC, then I don't even have the quick reply option left anymore to use.

View attachment 62187

View attachment 62188

I don't know if it's the app or what was in checking forums right here when I got a message from one of my chat apps but didn't want to reply but rather ignore it and it wouldn't allow me do that if I try to pull up to the NC nothing happens. Don't know if it's all apps or what just that particular app. Maybe 3rd party apps I guess

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Compared to most of the earlier betas, I don't notice many new things, but beta 5 has been very smooth and polished for me. Active notifications just seem so much more polished and smooth.

rj5570

May 5, 2010
Visit site
finally decided to give 8 a try with this new build. this is a first time I have had a 64gig iPhone (which has a lot of pictures on it) - doing a restore from iTunes back up from this a.m. (first time in a long time I backed up using iTunes, normally use iCloud) Its restoring, but going s slow, I think its been almost 40 minutes ore more and still says 42 to go. I thought it would be faster from my Mac. Its moving, not stuck. But really? this is taking forever.

is this normal?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
finally decided to give 8 a try with this new build. this is a first time I have had a 64gig iPhone (which has a lot of pictures on it) - doing a restore from iTunes back up from this a.m. (first time in a long time I backed up using iTunes, normally use iCloud) Its restoring, but going s slow, I think its been almost 40 minutes ore more and still says 42 to go. I thought it would be faster from my Mac. Its moving, not stuck. But really? this is taking forever.

is this normal?

Yep it's normal, at least with my experience with the betas.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't know if it's the app or what was in checking forums right here when I got a message from one of my chat apps but didn't want to reply but rather ignore it and it wouldn't allow me do that if I try to pull up to the NC nothing happens. Don't know if it's all apps or what just that particular app. Maybe 3rd party apps I guess

I've had that issue in previous betas. I think it's just a matter of the 3rd party app being ready for iOS 8

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 62187

View attachment 62188

I am guessing they figure since the phone is unlocked its you using the phone, so you don't need to have it private anymore, its been like that for me since beta 4. I actually like it that way because I don't have to get out of an app I am using just to reply to a message.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I am guessing they figure since the phone is unlocked its you using the phone, so you don't need to have it private anymore, its been like that for me since beta 4. I actually like it that way because I don't have to get out of an app I am using just to reply to a message.

NC has always shown the message preview whether set to on or off for the lock screen. My quarrel is I would like quick reply in notification center since it's showing the message anyway. But I'm only able to quick reply by pulling down the banner and nothing more.

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
NC has always shown the message preview whether set to on or off for the lock screen. My quarrel is I would like quick reply in notification center since it's showing the message anyway. But I'm only able to quick reply by pulling down the banner and nothing more.

That's odd that you still see the message, I have previews off too and I only see the person's name, if I slide left it gives me the X to dismiss it. I only get quick reply when the phone is unlocked and I pull down on the notification to quick reply.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

That's odd that you still see the message, I have previews off too and I only see the person's name, if I slide left it gives me the X to dismiss it. I only get quick reply when the phone is unlocked and I pull down on the notification to quick reply.

I have preview turned on and I get reply in Notification Center.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407276411.551854.jpg

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

The message preview has always been in NC when the phone is unlocked since it was introduced in iOS 5. What you just said is what I would like. Quick reply from notification center when the phone is unlocked. The screenshots above show that I get it sometimes and sometimes I don't.

I have preview set to "off" and always have.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Same here via the lock screen.

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The message preview has always been in NC when the phone is unlocked since it was introduced in iOS 5. What you just said is what I would like. Quick reply from notification center when the phone is unlocked. The screenshots above show that I get it sometimes and sometimes I don't.

Ok I see. It has worked for me since beta 4. In previous betas it wouldn't allow me to do it, preview had to be on for quick reply to work.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.