iOS 8 beta 5 is out. Submit feedback and bugs here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Clean install? Checked the change log, I don't think this delta upgrade requires a clean install. Just my 2 cents.

iPandorum

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Can you only download over wifi? I can't get it to download over the air for me ( at work ) ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1407172891.013183.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Some items of interest from the release notes:

Backup and Restore
Fixed in beta 5
A restoration of an iCloud backup onto the same device the backup was taken from may not work properly. As a result, some apps may crash.
Known Issues
Encrypted backups to iTunes fail.
iOS 7 iCloud backups restored to an iOS 8 beta device may not properly restore photos.

Handoff
Note
Handoff is incompatible between devices using this beta and the prior beta. You should test Handoff with the most recent beta software because it is not backward-compatible with previous betas.

iTunes Sync
Known Issue
Apps do not sync from a device to iTunes.

Music
Fixed in beta 5
The Music app may stop responding when downloading an album.

Settings
Known Issue
Some icons are missing in Settings and only appear after the row is tapped.

Setup
Known Issue
Updating the iCloud settings screen may appear to hang during setup.
Workaround: Some accounts may have an extra long lag. Wait a couple of minutes and they should complete.

iPandorum

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I believe it's wifi only for "OTA"...

Funny thing is the download could be downloaded over LTE. Either Apple doesn't ( bc the phones would seem slow) or verizon won't let you ( Verizon hates anyone with unlimited data )

iPandorum

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I got that error a few times. I just closed the Setting app and went back and it started to download fine. I too am on work wifi.

Well I don't have work wifi so I will have to download it when I get home or a local hotspot or something

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm hoping that Quick Reply will be present again in Notification Center even when the preview is set to "off" for the lock screen. It worked fine for the first couple of betas and was no longer present. The notification center previews are on even when preview is set to off anyway. So I don't see why it shouldn't work. At least if you have the NC to not show up on the lock screen.

iPandorum

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping that Quick Reply will be present again in Notification Center even when the preview is set to "off" for the lock screen. It worked fine for the first couple of betas and was no longer present. The notification center previews are on even when preview is set to off anyway. So I don't see why it shouldn't work. At least if you have the NC to not show up on the lock screen.

Apple will probably say that "quick reply" feature will only work on the iPhone 6 and have some great explanation on why it needs a faster chip to enable it! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR