iOS 8 Beta 4 for developers is available - Discuss bugs etc. here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Still too buggy for my liking. Back on 7.1.2 on my main device. I just have beta 4 now on my test device. For those who say its stable, you just haven't come across the bugs. We all use our devices differently and depending on your use is what you'll discover.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Still too buggy for my liking. Back on 7.1.2 on my main device. I just have beta 4 now on my test device. For those who say its stable, you just haven't come across the bugs. We all use our devices differently and depending on your use is what you'll discover.

Mind mentioning a few of these bugs? I run into an issue here and there, but nothing too serious to exclude it from running on my daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
So here is an interesting question/observation. When I use my mophie case and try the "hey Siri" it doesn't work but when I actually plug it into the wall outlet it works. How can it tell the difference lol.

"Hey Siri" ONLY works whirl plugged into an outlet (or charging somehow). So it probably isn't your case per se but that you just needed to have it plugged in.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the done button on top. I tried through Messages though.

Same issue here (which is weird because it worked fine one beta 3, but obviously it's a beta so anything can be broken).

When I click Create New Contact I actually see the "Done" button slide up and out of view but pulling down only reveals a white border. At least we have a workaround. I'm sure it will be fixed come next beta though.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here (which is weird because it worked fine one beta 3, but obviously it's a beta so anything can be broken).

When I click Create New Contact I actually see the "Done" button slide up and out of view but pulling down only reveals a white border. At least we have a workaround. I'm sure it will be fixed come next beta though.

Solved with a reboot.

chicagopjp

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
"Hey Siri" ONLY works whirl plugged into an outlet (or charging somehow).
I'm trying to drill down on this. When connected directly into an AC outlet via an Apple charger, the "Hey Siri" function seems to work fine on my 5s. But it doesn't work at all when that same device is in a dock that is charging. That's true on with a Belkin charge/sync dock (native Lightning connector), and also with an iHome alarm clock (also native Lightning connector). I can't figure out why it makes a difference. Anyone else?

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to drill down on this. When connected directly into an AC outlet via an Apple charger, the "Hey Siri" function seems to work fine on my 5s. But it doesn't work at all when that same device is in a dock that is charging. That's true on with a Belkin charge/sync dock (native Lightning connector), and also with an iHome alarm clock (also native Lightning connector). I can't figure out why it makes a difference. Anyone else?

I'm actually having the same problem now (attempted to use via my car USB). I think it may just be a bug with this beta because I used the feature in beta 2 via a different charging feature.

Sorry for the confusion on my end.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
'hey siri' works for me on my 5s when plugged into any charger. it works when plugged into my laptop via usb or when plugged into the car charger. i don't have a mophie case or dock to test it that way. it also works on my monoprice wall charger at home with the usb port for charging.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
So far I'm very happy with beta 4, I tried beta 1 and 2 and both times went back to 7.1.x

Obviously we expect some issues with apps, reboots/spring's or battery life challenges, but beta 4 is rather rock solid for me, along with dp4 for my MacBook Air.

The only thing I've really noticed with my iPad since WIFI performance seems rather slow within some applications, for example speedtest shows 80-90Mbps (cable docis 3), yet my podcast app (downcast) or other apps perform like dogs from time to time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So far I haven't had any issues on my iPod touch, only random UI glitches within apps.

I'm not even getting the tiny glitches I was getting, but I created a backup, reinstalled beta 4 and then restored the backup. My iPhone 5 is working like a champ, and I have no doubt that I will keep it installed throughout it duration nor do I see myself returning to iOS 7. iOS 8 is truly stable on my device, thankfully...:)

Last edited:

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
So far I'm very happy with beta 4, I tried beta 1 and 2 and both times went back to 7.1.x

Obviously we expect some issues with apps, reboots/spring's or battery life challenges, but beta 4 is rather rock solid for me, along with dp4 for my MacBook Air.

The only thing I've really noticed with my iPad since WIFI performance seems rather slow within some applications, for example speedtest shows 80-90Mbps (cable docis 3), yet my podcast app (downcast) or other apps perform like dogs from time to time.

Did you do a clean install or just updated ?

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Enjoying the new record button sound in Camera. Fits better into the stock sounds post iOS 7 (the more future-esque, flat UI-inspired sounds)

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Just a little something I noticed over the weekend while camping, nothing big.

My 5S was constantly searching for a signal (very low coverage), and getting very hot with excessive battery drainage. I know this is somewhat typical, the phone was straining for connection. But this was more severe. As in, losing 45% in 5 minutes severe.. And more than that, when I turned airplane mode on, after a couple minutes it would turn itself off, and resume searching.

I ended up turning my phone off for the rest of the trip, as it was burning a hole in my pocket! (Alright, maybe a little over exaggerated, but you get the jist of it.)

Just wanted to report my findings, everything else is great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

awood740

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue in a poor coverage area with my iPhone 5. As long as I stay in good coverage I am seeing better and better battery life and just started using the "hey Siri" command while driving to send a text. Works well so far. I have issues on my iPad mini retina with screen orientation but that is a small complaint.

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone experienced the bug where if you receive a phone call, you can hear the other party but they can't hear you?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner