iOS 8 Beta 4 for developers is available - Discuss bugs etc. here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with wifi? My wifi stops working throughout the day. I will have to turn wifi off and then back on to get it working again. Eventually it won't turn back on and I will have to reset network settings.

I have no problems with Wifi, I always am in Airplane mode/connected to Wifi when it's available.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So here is an interesting question/observation. When I use my mophie case and try the "hey Siri" it doesn't work but when I actually plug it into the wall outlet it works. How can it tell the difference lol.

bszucs

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has gotten continuity to work with an iMac with a BT 4.0 LE Doggle? My iMax is just old enough for it not to work with built-in BT.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has gotten continuity to work with an iMac with a BT 4.0 LE Doggle? My iMax is just old enough for it not to work with built-in BT.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I cannot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Man iOS8 on iPad is awesome, adds a lot of value to it.
One small thing I observed is that when you go to the multitasking view it often will just show black screens where the other apps should be open. So the preview seems partially defective. Apart from that very happy though.

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have tried Beta 4 on my iPhone 5s and twice now, it worked fine for about an hour and then all my email accounts setup on the phone were just deleted and I could not create new accounts. Anyone else seen this?

On my iPad Mini Retina it is way more stable though I am getting some weird issues with Hangouts and the keyboard not working. But overall better on there.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have tried Beta 4 on my iPhone 5s and twice now, it worked fine for about an hour and then all my email accounts setup on the phone were just deleted and I could not create new accounts. Anyone else seen this?
Did you restore from a backup or restore as new? I don't have an iPhone 5S, but I've not experienced any problems with email accounts on my iPhone 5 running beta 4

On my iPad Mini Retina it is way more stable though I am getting some weird issues with Hangouts and the keyboard not working. But overall better on there.
In regard to Hangouts, that's to be expected being that none of the developers have updated their software to work priorly with iOS 8 yet.

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Did you restore from a backup or restore as new? I don't have an iPhone 5S, but I've not experienced any problems with email accounts on my iPhone 5 running beta 4

In regard to Hangouts, that's to be expected being that none of the developers have updated their software to work priorly with iOS 8 yet.

I restored from an iCloud backup on my iPhone.

As for Hangouts, just seen no-one mention it up to know, so getting the info out there :)

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
If you read Apple's release notes for beta 4, or reviewed this forum thread, Apple noted that restoring from an iCloud backup after installing beta 4 may not work correctly.
As for Hangouts, there is a separate thread for apps that work (or not) with the beta.

Sure, I saw that. But it is strange that the restore worked fine for a bit and then suddenly went wonky! Maybe an itunes restore would give me better luck.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed in the App Store apps now say weather they support family sharing or not in the info section.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406212141.648286.jpg

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I ended up going back to iOS 7. Beta 4 was to buggy for me I love iOS 8 new features but the beta is just to buggy right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I ended up going back to iOS 7. Beta 4 was to buggy for me I love iOS 8 new features but the beta is just to buggy right now.

How long did you run it? For me it gets better everyday. It was rough the first two days but now it seems pretty stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods