iOS 8 Beta 4 for developers is available - Discuss bugs etc. here

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm.. Just did a clean install on my iPod touch and had to re-trust my computer so my iPod would connect to iTunes, had to go though the setup screen before I could trust my computer on my iPod...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.. Just did a clean install on my iPod touch and had to re-trust my computer so my iPod would connect to iTunes, had to go though the setup screen before I could trust my computer on my iPod...

Had to re-trust my computer using the OTA method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Had to re-trust my computer using the OTA method.

Really cause I didn't have to after I did the OTA update. Only after I did a clean install is when I had to re-trust my computer.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Really cause I didn't have to after I did the OTA update. Only after I did a clean install is when I had to re-trust my computer.

I did the OTA and then plugged my phone in to do a backup and it asked.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Figured out why VPN didn't work for me in the betas... It was due to my router settings...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Figured out why VPN didn't work for me in the betas... It was due to my router settings...

Please explain. When I initially upgrade to beta 4 OTA, my Private Tunnel VPN worked perfectly, but when I restored as new, it would accept my .ovpn profiles. I had to restore from a beta 3 back up to get it to work like before.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Same here....:)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
why are we obsessing over beta battery performance

correct me if i'm wrong but these betas are no indication of the finished product regarding battery life?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As long as Tapatalk isn't open, battery life is fine. Just watched it jump three percent. Lol.

I just finished an 11 minute conversation with one of my sons who is currently visiting relatives in Orlando, and my battery life is still at 99%. As for Tapatalk, girl I get notifications all day, everyday. Check your "background App Refresh" settings to see if they're set to your specifications.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
why are we obsessing over beta battery performance

correct me if i'm wrong but these betas are no indication of the finished product regarding battery life?

That is correct. Not obsessing about it. Nothing a clean install can't fix.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Have to say this is a solid build. Most bugs from the previous builds seem to be fixed.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Please explain. When I initially upgrade to beta 4 OTA, my Private Tunnel VPN worked perfectly, but when I restored as new, it would accept my .ovpn profiles. I had to restore from a beta 3 back up to get it to work like before.

My router is blocking VPN connections, I have no idea why though. The only way I found out was when I tested my old 4S on iOS 7 and it wouldn't work with my router. Then I tested with my iPod and my old 4S wifi tethered to my 5S and both worked without problems.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.