The calibration on the quick reply keyboard is off on the bottom row. When I tap space it does a space and the letter b

Edit:
    Attachment 61075

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    I don't seem to be able to duplicate that issue, for what it's worth

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    07-22-2014 01:01 PM
    Strange duplication of this entry in settings for me
    iOS 8 Beta 4 for developers is available - Discuss bugs etc. here-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1406048492.658885.jpg
    07-22-2014 01:03 PM
    Also, just for those who are interested. Whatsapp and BBM are still crashy. No change at all in their stability since beta 1.

Completely blank installation: BBM won't let me past the "skip adding friends" dialog without crashing.

Didn't test this on the other builds, but the BitTorrent Sync app is haphazardly slow. It seems to hang every now and then for 5+ seconds.

Still going through other apps to test whether things I reported are fixed.
    07-22-2014 01:08 PM
    Definitely some rather serious bugs in Safari, look to be related to javascript.
    Many websites that utilize javascript won't load, and come back with an error: "A problem repeatedly occurred on 'www.....'

Some sites that don't work:
    Build a Website - Squarespace
    MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft News and Raiding Strategies
    Anything with webgl
    I had a problem with Safari quitting on me when I closed a page. Figured it was another page in one of the history cards that was loading and causing the crash.
    07-22-2014 01:10 PM
    The next iPod is getting Touch ID since my iPod requires me to enter my passcode after restarting...
    Isn't a password protected iPod touch supposed to ask for a passcode after you restart it anyway?
    07-22-2014 01:28 PM
    I have loved active notifications and had no issues with it betas 1 through 3. Now on beta 4, when I am responding to a message in active notifications, the numbers button in the bottom left of the keyboard acts as though I am clicking on the shift button above it. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, this might be nothing but does the vibrates on your phone feel weaker on beta 4? It seems weaker to me.
    07-22-2014 01:39 PM
    There is a keyboard calibration issue within quick reply.
    luvesuga, nikkisharif and austriak like this.
    07-22-2014 01:42 PM
    I have loved active notifications and had no issues with it betas 1 through 3. Now on beta 4, when I am responding to a message in active notifications, the numbers button in the bottom left of the keyboard acts as though I am clicking on the shift button above it. Anyone else have this issue?
    Yup, it's been reported as a new problem with this build a page or so earlier.
    07-22-2014 01:44 PM
    There is a keyboard calibration issue within quick reply.
    Thanks. I actually looked at some older posts right after posting this and saw it has been discussed. I really hope beta 5 comes out quickly and fixes this. I love quick reply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bro-row likes this.
    07-22-2014 01:47 PM
    Definitely some rather serious bugs in Safari, look to be related to javascript.
    Many websites that utilize javascript won't load, and come back with an error: "A problem repeatedly occurred on 'www.....'

Some sites that don't work:
    Build a Website - Squarespace
    MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft News and Raiding Strategies
    Anything with webgl
    Interestingly enough, these sites are now working for me. Must have been a server side issue of some sort, but Apple seems to have resolved it for now.
    07-22-2014 03:57 PM
    There was an extremely annoying bug in beta 3: constantly asking for my iCloud password about once every 20 seconds, even after I had correctly entered it several times. It was so bad I just shut down my iPod touch (5th gen) and ignored it until the next update. Gone with beta 4, which is a huge relief.

Really like the "Hello, Siri" hands-free feature. Weird that it requires your device to be plugged in to work. I suppose it would be a serious battery drain otherwise. Maybe "iPhone 6" will have an "S8" chip just for Siri. (And maybe that chip will also appear in the "iWatch" / "iTime" or whatever it will be called.)
    07-22-2014 04:23 PM
    Some apps I have hang when I slide to view a notification from the lock screen.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    luvesuga likes this.
    07-22-2014 06:42 PM
    here's something that hasn't been mentioned yet; Cropping a photo no longer seems to work (for me)? Can somebody double check that? It will crop at first, but then when you tap 'save' that circle starts turning infinitely.
    07-22-2014 07:00 PM
    here's something that hasn't been mentioned yet; Cropping a photo no longer seems to work (for me)? Can somebody double check that? It will crop at first, but then when you tap 'save' that circle starts turning infinitely.
    Cropping worked ok for me.
    07-22-2014 07:08 PM
    Cropping worked ok for me.
    cool, thanks. I guess I'll restart my phone and give it another try then.
    07-22-2014 07:42 PM
    Also, just for those who are interested. Whatsapp and BBM are still crashy. No change at all in their stability since beta 1.

Completely blank installation: BBM won't let me past the "skip adding friends" dialog without crashing.

Didn't test this on the other builds, but the BitTorrent Sync app is haphazardly slow. It seems to hang every now and then for 5+ seconds.

Still going through other apps to test whether things I reported are fixed.
    Hmmmm I don't use whatsapp but I haven't had a problem with BBM...
    07-22-2014 07:50 PM
    Interesting find with Quick Reply: it's shotty and the calibration is off but for some reason after rebooting it works BUT only when you actually pull down the notification. Not when you Quick Reply using Notification Center (swiping left and replying). Not sure why it's working this way though.

Edit/workaround: Click the "Smiley" icon that brings up emojis, click back and you can add punctuation, space bar, etc.! It's a little shotty as well but it does seem to recalibrate, if even for just a second, the keyboard.

Hope this helps or at least leads someone to finding a better workaround while we wait for beta 5!

(But honestly it isn't that big a deal given the grand scheme of all the other bugs that were killed with this release)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by counterculture; 07-22-2014 at 09:43 PM.
    07-22-2014 08:09 PM
    Hmmmm I don't use whatsapp but I haven't had a problem with BBM...
    BBM works fine for me too and so long as no one uses a certain combination of letters (I think fl and fi are culprits) Whatsapp works fine too. If that happens just delete the message and start a new one with respective person(s). That's been my workaround until GM release and/or Whatsapp releases a patch.

07-22-2014 08:11 PM
    Still hate the delete "X" option in Notification Center. It's kind of awkward bringing up another "X". The blue "Dismiss" option made more sense to me functionally and aesthetically.

07-22-2014 08:12 PM
    Has anyone got whatsapp to work? Mine keeps crashing. My phone is still restoring so I haven't deleted and reinstalled yet
    07-22-2014 08:26 PM
    when you delete whatsapp and reinstall it try not restoring chat from backup.

it works for me but it's still finicky with certain letters like 'fi' and 'ff'.
    Last edited by avmsam; 07-22-2014 at 09:27 PM.
    phreddyl likes this.
    07-22-2014 09:17 PM
    Has anyone got whatsapp to work? Mine keeps crashing. My phone is still restoring so I haven't deleted and reinstalled yet
    I just choose Clear All Conversation when that happens to me. The crashing stops, till someone or me post a word with 'fi' or 'ff' in it
    phreddyl likes this.
    07-22-2014 09:20 PM
    I tried. Keeps crashing. I'll use iMessage for now
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-22-2014 10:26 PM

I'm not really sure if this mark as read and trash was there in previous beta. Any one notice this?

Last edited by vincie76; 07-22-2014 at 10:35 PM. Reason: typograpical error
    07-22-2014 10:33 PM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/y7y4apes.jpg
    I'm not really sure if this mark as read and trash was there in previous beta. Any one notice this?

It was in beta 3 at least.
    vincie76 likes this.
    07-22-2014 10:40 PM
351 ... 678910 ...