iOS 8 Beta 3 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
(Laughing)...now you know if you had made it work, I would have restored my device again and set it up as new and then spent an entire day trying to match your success...:)

LOL I just tried it and got to the unread section, tapped a thread then went back and tried to hit menu and it crashed again LOL. At least I can select a thread.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
So back to my app store problems, on Beta 3 when selecting an app to download, it still crashes and displays the Apple logo for about 3-4 seconds but then when I look at the home screen it starts downloading the app. I have also run into other issues almost 24 hours later that I don't think I like either. Probably going to revert to iOS 7. I don't ever remember these betas to get worse in the years past. iOS 8 seems to be taking the cake...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So back to my app store problems, on Beta 3 when selecting an app to download, it still crashes and displays the Apple logo for about 3-4 seconds but then when I look at the home screen it starts downloading the app. I have also run into other issues almost 24 hours later that I don't think I like either. Probably going to revert to iOS 7. I don't ever remember these betas to get worse in the years past. iOS 8 seems to be taking the cake...

Maybe it's just your luck, I setup my iPod as new this morning and haven't had an issue. I don't use iCloud or any background services like app refresh or location.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it's just your luck, I setup my iPod as new this morning and haven't had an issue. I don't use iCloud or any background services like app refresh or location.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Maybe, I just don't know. Every user here has mixed results. I did a 2 complete fresh installs and still experienced this issue and now the mail app, like HankAZ is acting up, something that was working fine when I first upgraded to Beta 3. Each install has caused new "issues". I will check back when Beta 4 hits.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe, I just don't know. Every user here has mixed results. I did a 2 complete fresh installs and still experienced this issue and now the mail app, like HankAZ is acting up, something that was working fine when I first upgraded to Beta 3. Each install has caused new "issues". I will check back when Beta 4 hits.

I'm using the beta on my iPod since it's not my daily driver. I have had issues but most of them are UI related. But I've been tempted to go back to iOS 7 cause of the jailbreak though.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the beta on my iPod since it's not my daily driver. I have had issues but most of them are UI related. But I've been tempted to go back to iOS 7 cause of the jailbreak though.

I went back Ace on Wednesday then restored last night to beta 3 cause there was a few things I missed from 8 like the swipe to delete gesture in mail, the travel time and location addresses in calendar and the Siri shaman integration. But dang now you got me thinking about going back haha cause I had my setup legit on my phone. Hmm what to do, what to do?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I went back Ace on Wednesday then restored last night to beta 3 cause there was a few things I missed from 8 like the swipe to delete gesture in mail, the travel time and location addresses in calendar and the Siri shaman integration. But dang now you got me thinking about going back haha cause I had my setup legit on my phone. Hmm what to do, what to do?

My iPod lags on iOS 7 or iOS 8 so it doesn't matter to me which one I have installed but on my iPhone I need a stable version of iOS

andyb488

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I am having serious issues accessing the App Store this morning. I didn?t notice the issue yesterday, but I am seeing the App Store crashing, and the search function is totally useless at this point. Anyone else having these issues?

These issues are appearing on an iPhone 5S with iOS 8 beta 3. My daily driver (iPhone 5S with iOS 7.1.1) is NOT having any issues with the App Store.

I have the App Store search issue on the iPad not the iPhone it was there on beta 2 and present in beta 3 for me

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

davianbritain

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Are there any iphone 5 T-Mobile users with wifi calling enabled? It seems people with iphone 5's on T-Mobile did not recieve wifi calling feature but the 5S did.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just had my lock screen not respond to my touch when I got a notification. I couldn't swipe anything.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Are there any iphone 5 T-Mobile users with wifi calling enabled? It seems people with iphone 5's on T-Mobile did not recieve wifi calling feature but the 5S did.

I have reverted back to iOS 7 but I did have Beta 3 and Wifi calling was working just fine for me. The clarity was much better than cellular. I shall miss that but can wait. Maybe Beta 4 will do it for me and bring me back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal