iOS 8 Beta 3 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I've been stable as well except for Tapatalk Unread section, grrrrr?that's the one I use the most.

I know, right? (Laughing)...I installed the iMore Forums app to use for a while and found that the unread section doesn't crash like it does with Tapatalk Pro.

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I've seen is related to an app that can fully rotate when the phone is upside-down. I used Waze on my way home (per my usual routine) and each time I rotated the phone 180 degrees (so the home button is on top) the Springboard reboots. I need to try with another app though, as waze is the only one on my phone which has that rotational feature.

snorbaard

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I've seen is related to an app that can fully rotate when the phone is upside-down. I used Waze on my way home (per my usual routine) and each time I rotated the phone 180 degrees (so the home button is on top) the Springboard reboots. I need to try with another app though, as waze is the only one on my phone which has that rotational feature.

I can confirm your Waze crash.
Can't think of a similar 180-degree rorating app at the moment either

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

After reading your post, I tried it with various apps (I didn't know which ones I had would rotate bottomed up). When I got to my Barcode app (Barcode by Cocologics) and rotated the device upside down, the springboard rebooted.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone noticed this during first time setup?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404830157.016698.jpg
I think this is a neat idea.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am having serious issues accessing the App Store this morning. I didn?t notice the issue yesterday, but I am seeing the App Store crashing, and the search function is totally useless at this point. Anyone else having these issues?

These issues are appearing on an iPhone 5S with iOS 8 beta 3. My daily driver (iPhone 5S with iOS 7.1.1) is NOT having any issues with the App Store.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
App store constantly crashed on me. I tried installing an app (or two) and it force closes on me, get the apple logo boot image for about 4-5 seconds and then I am back at the lock screen.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am having serious issues accessing the App Store this morning. I didn?t notice the issue yesterday, but I am seeing the App Store crashing, and the search function is totally useless at this point. Anyone else having these issues?

These issues are appearing on an iPhone 5S with iOS 8 beta 3. My daily driver (iPhone 5S with iOS 7.1.1) is NOT having any issues with the App Store.

App Store is working fine for me
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404831677.560070.jpg
Addon: I installed about 8 apps in a row fine.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just had to do a hard reboot cause of location popup that wouldn't respond.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The little quirks here and there aren't a problem thus far in regard to the App Store. The main thing I've seen is that tapping the "search" option sometimes mirrors that of the "featured" option, but as soon as I shut down the app and restart it, it returns to normal.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Another odd one I got last night.

Was in settings and the whole screen shifted to the top left..... The rest of the screen was black...

It's almost like it simulated a rotation, but then got stuck

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Another odd one I got last night.

Was in settings and the whole screen shifted to the top left..... The rest of the screen was black...

It's almost like it simulated a rotation, but then got stuck

This happened a few times on beta 2. So far not on beta 3

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a clean install? Thankfully, I'm not experiencing any of those things. My device was a bit wonky after I updated OTA, but since doing a clean install, it's been working like a champ to this point, minus the Tapatalk app (unread section only). I've since switched over to the iMore Forums app which is working well.

Yep. I've been stable as well except for Tapatalk Unread section, grrrrr?that's the one I use the most.

Haha I came back to beta 3 yesterday since downgrading back to 7.1.2 to jailbreak on Wednesday and first thing I tried was Unread in tapatalk.
9edeqy7y.jpg

I was like boo yeah take that 'D and Karen LOL then when I hit the menu key my app crashed haha.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Beta 3 is proving buggier than beta 2 for me. Tapatalk doesn’t work (that's the app developer issue). The App Store is useless (Apple's deal), and now I can’t open the Mail app - it crashes constantly.

Putting this one away for now, until Beta 4 drops. Not worth my time and effort. Back to my daily driver on 7.1.2.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Haha I came back to beta 3 yesterday since downgrading back to 7.1.2 to jailbreak on Wednesday and first thing I tried was Unread in tapatalk. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/09/9edeqy7y.jpg

I was like boo yeah take that 'D and Karen LOL then when I hit the menu key my app crashed haha.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

(Laughing)...now you know if you had made it work, I would have restored my device again and set it up as new and then spent an entire day trying to match your success...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR