My Facebook app and the messenger app don't work properly for some reason.
    Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2
    Owner and Founder of Zamkato.com
    BBM Channel - C002BF8A7
    Facebook works fine for me, I don't use messenger so I have no idea on that one.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    07-09-2014 05:05 PM
    I mentioned this in Beta 2 but I guess a lot of people don't use the built in group messaging. In Beta 1, I was able to change the "Subject" for any group and leave, Beta 2 I no longer had the option to change the "Subject" in group messages with both iPhone and other non-iPhone users. Beta 3 is giving me the same results. I can send a group text to JUST iPhone users and change the subject or leave, soon as I create a group with non-iPhone users those two options disappear, again I was only able to do it in Beta 1.

Would anyone be so kind to try and see what results you get?
    07-09-2014 06:37 PM
    I mentioned this in Beta 2 but I guess a lot of people don't use the built in group messaging. In Beta 1, I was able to change the "Subject" for any group and leave, Beta 2 I no longer had the option to change the "Subject" in group messages with both iPhone and other non-iPhone users. Beta 3 is giving me the same results. I can send a group text to JUST iPhone users and change the subject or leave, soon as I create a group with non-iPhone users those two options disappear, again I was only able to do it in Beta 1.

Would anyone be so kind to try and see what results you get?

I believe these features are only available with iMessage because of the dependency on Apple's servers.
    07-09-2014 08:06 PM
    Wonder why that would matter since it's converting to an MMS. I just used in Beta 1 and then BAM gone.
    07-09-2014 08:22 PM
    Two days now all my notifications that I had turned off for Notification Center and lock screen turned back on.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    07-09-2014 08:31 PM
    Beta 3 is proving buggier than beta 2 for me. Tapatalk doesnt work (that's the app developer issue). The App Store is useless (Apple's deal), and now I cant open the Mail app - it crashes constantly.

Putting this one away for now, until Beta 4 drops. Not worth my time and effort. Back to my daily driver on 7.1.2.
    The App Store is useless for me as well. The moment I try to buy an app, The device resprings. My guess is that it has something to do with TouchID, as redownloading an app doesn't cause this.

Beta 2 was unusable for me due to the Phone app call gui issue, but this one's more usable for me (at this moment).
    Xm_jdm likes this.
    07-10-2014 07:07 AM
    That battery life suggestions is new
    iOS 8 Beta 3 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1404997344.603739.jpg

07-10-2014 09:02 AM
    I have a TMO iPhone 5s. I just can not seem to find where it is in Settings.

~S
    I finally found the setting for wifi calling. Of course it was completely obvious once I found it

Here's where it is:
    The Setting for enabling WiFi calling is found under the Phone preferences in the Settings iPhone app

~S
    07-10-2014 09:14 AM
    These betas are so far behind last year when it comes to stability and we remember how buggy it was at launch in September. Unless Apple gets their coding in gear, it could be a rough update launch this fall.
    anon(73368), luvesuga and Xm_jdm like this.
    07-10-2014 10:47 AM
    I finally found the setting for wifi calling. Of course it was completely obvious once I found it

Here's where it is:
    The Setting for enabling WiFi calling is found under the Phone preferences in the Settings iPhone app

~S
    Isn't that where I said it was in my initial response to you?....
    07-10-2014 10:50 AM
    These betas are so far behind last year when it comes to stability and we remember how buggy it was at launch in September. Unless Apple gets their coding in gear, it could be a rough update launch this fall.
    I feel the exact same way. I don't remember ios 7 being this buggy in beta, however, ios 8 is a huge change as far as the way apps can communicate with each other. It will be interesting in the fall.
    07-10-2014 12:17 PM
    I'm downgrading my iPod to 7.1.2 for now but not cause of the beta, I need it as a daily co-driver at the moment along side my iPhone for the next week or 4 and I'm going to need certain apps to work 100% during that time. Might install the beta again after I don't need my iPod as much.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    07-10-2014 03:27 PM
    I feel the exact same way. I don't remember ios 7 being this buggy in beta, however, ios 8 is a huge change as far as the way apps can communicate with each other. It will be interesting in the fall.
    iOS 7 betas were much worse for me than the iOS 8 betas.
    avmsam likes this.
    07-10-2014 04:15 PM
    That battery life suggestions is new
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404997344.603739.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	60425

I cant find this suggestion in my iphone 5
    07-10-2014 11:21 PM
    Perhaps you have auto-lock enabled already?
    07-11-2014 05:52 AM
    Probably depends on your battery life and settings you have, I have auto-lock set to never for certain reasons like cut scenes in games.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    07-11-2014 08:07 AM
    Posted this in the app thread but got no response, so trying here.

Spotify works on first install, but after a force close by either myself or the OS, I get the splash screen and then it crashes whenever I open it. I've uninstalled/reinstalled a couple of times and it's happened every time. Anyone else seeing this?
    07-11-2014 10:42 AM
    Honestly I think this beta is more stable than the previous versions (as expected). Obviously third-party apps have to update on the developer side but after doing a CLEAN install it seems to work better. I've found that OTA's pretty much suck but after restoring to a clean install it works better.

I don't think these betas are any worse than 7 (actually 7 was horrible and even worse GM) but I think 8 is trying to clean that all up but also adding features that require app participation and the sort. That's just me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    luvesuga and Bro-row like this.
    07-11-2014 04:12 PM
    Honestly I think this beta is more stable than the previous versions (as expected). Obviously third-party apps have to update on the developer side but after doing a CLEAN install it seems to work better. I've found that OTA's pretty much suck but after restoring to a clean install it works better.

I don't think these betas are any worse than 7 (actually 7 was horrible and even worse GM) but I think 8 is trying to clean that all up but also adding features that require app participation and the sort. That's just me though.

I agree, and it appears as if I will keep it installed throughout its duration.
    07-11-2014 04:14 PM
    I agree, and it appears as if I will keep it installed throughout its duration.
    Same here. There are some annoyances that naturally come with the beta territory but nothing that I can't at least find a workaround for. I'm expecting at least two more before a GM release. Maybe even 7 then GM. It seems Apple is taking their time ironing out each individual kink rather than a bulk "fix" that will still have issues come official release time.

Just_Me_D and luvesuga like this.
    07-11-2014 04:17 PM
    iOS 7 betas were much worse for me than the iOS 8 betas.
    I think Both iOS 7 & iOS 8 are equally challenging for me. Too much that I like about iOS 8. I think I will be sticking this out.
    07-11-2014 08:54 PM
    I found a work around for the App Store crashing. If you search for the app in Safari it will take you to the appropriate App Store page and let you download the app without re springing
    yungboi and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-12-2014 03:16 AM
    I found a work around for the App Store crashing. If you search for the app in Safari it will take you to the appropriate App Store page and let you download the app without re springing
    You can also search for apps from the home screen search (swipe down), that is how I was doing it before reverting back it iOS 7.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-12-2014 10:52 PM
    Has anyone else heard about this apparent new feature in battery usage called 'battery life suggestions'? Apparently it was available since beta 1 but I can't find it

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    07-13-2014 05:32 AM
    Battery life for third beta is amazing for me on iphone 5. Never get such long battery time with any other version. Its better than stable version of 7.1.2.
    I am thinking to stuck to this version even after release of stable version of 8.0 if that final one don't provide such battery timing
    07-13-2014 06:05 AM
303 ... 89101112 ...