I do not know if this is an iOS 8 beta thing but I believe I tried this on iOS 7.1 but gave up if my memory serves me. Anyway, I am running Beta 2.

I decided I do not need previous photos on my iPhone and only care about what I have on my iPhone camera roll (even though beta seems to still have the photo folders all wonky). Anyway, I unchecked "sync photos from iPhoto" in iTunes but once I sync the iPhone, I go into the photos app and under "photos (bottom left)" all the photos STILL remain.

What am I missing? I though they would be entirely gone.
    06-27-2014 11:23 PM
    Not sure but in the meanwhile you can manually delete them but I'm sure you know that and my answer isn't very helpful
    06-28-2014 08:12 AM
    So you're syncing via USB to iTunes and have iPhoto checked? I would try unchecking iPhoto sync and then go under Settings > Photos & Camera and choose either My Photo Stream or iCloud Photo Library (if using iOS 8). I think this could be similar to how iTunes Match asks to erase all music before starting up, so this may erase all the photos you don't want (except what's in the camera roll).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-30-2014 10:24 PM
    OR it could be your sync settings under the actual iPhoto application. Make sure you don't have automatic sync (or something along those lines) on and it should stop syncing. If you're using iOS 8 beta 2, however, it could just need an update. I'm having issues with photos still taking up space that aren't even there. Smh

06-30-2014 10:26 PM
    OR it could be your sync settings under the actual iPhoto application. Make sure you don't have automatic sync (or something along those lines) on and it should stop syncing. If you're using iOS 8 beta 2, however, it could just need an update. I'm having issues with photos still taking up space that aren't even there. Smh

This seems to be a beta 2 problem. I swear beta 2 is worse than the first one we got.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-04-2014 11:17 AM
    This seems to be a beta 2 problem. I swear beta 2 is worse than the first one we got.
    It's much worse. I'm anxiously awaiting beta 3.
    07-05-2014 09:56 AM
    It's much worse. I'm anxiously awaiting beta 3.
    Agreed. Between the 10+ reboots a day, keyboard click sounds automatically turning on and the camera/photo issues, I too can't wait for beta 3.
    07-06-2014 02:15 PM
    Dang....this is why I know I can't load a beta. These things would drive me crazy.

COME ON SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-06-2014 06:20 PM
    Dang....this is why I know I can't load a beta. These things would drive me crazy.

COME ON SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm coming! JK

September is going to be exciting!

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    07-06-2014 06:56 PM
    Well played, love!!!! Well played!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    07-06-2014 08:10 PM