Revert back to iOS7.1.1 or keep iOS8 and wait beta3?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay, thanks. I have an iPhone 5 (Verizon). As I stated earlier, I enjoy the iOS 8 and miss the features associated with it, but the call answering issue became a nuisance. Still, I think I'm going to take some time to re-install it tomorrow. Hopefully, the call answering issue will be nonexistent or at least tolerable...:)

I've noticed that the lockscreen becomes unresponsive to touch input after long periods of inactivity. You could try waking the phone every 30 minutes (press the lock button for the lockscreen to light up then press the lock button again to lock it) to see if the problems continues.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you're only having issues with the two apps you mentioned then it wouldn't hurt to continue using iOS8 beta 2. If it weren't for the fact that it wouldn't allow me to answer calls consistently, I would still be running beta 2.

Had the same call answering issue. Back to 7.1.1 for now. I am using a Verizon 5S

matthewjagiela

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
To be honest I would wait because if Apple keeps the 2 week schedule we should be seeing beta 3 on Tuesday I believe which should fix a lot of issues that everyone has. However third party app problems are a different story. I have problems with Skype but I cannot go back to 7.1 because I simply love the features of iOS 8

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're only having issues with the two apps you mentioned then it wouldn't hurt to continue using iOS8 beta 2. If it weren't for the fact that it wouldn't allow me to answer calls consistently, I would still be running beta 2.

I agree, I am anxious to see if Beta 3 fixes the call answering bug, that was making me crazy!

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
For me, my iphone is fine with beta 2 (5S), however it's my iPad that is causing me to think about heading back to 7.1.1. Key issues are:

Unreliable hotspot
Unreliable wifi network connectivity (reboot fixes it)
app switch and home screen gestures stop working from time to time, seems auto correct goes south at the same time (turn off and on seems to clear this fault)

I'm 50/50 right now, hoping for beta 3 in the next few days that might fix, else I'll likely head back to 7.1.1.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I had to go back because of DashCommand not working. I plan to let my development membership expire and just wait for public release or latch onto another dev.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
That's my decision made, back to 7.1.1 until beta 3 (rumor has it due on the 8th of July).

No big deal, downgrade and restore process is quick and painless.