1. kilofoxtrot's Avatar
    If you're only having issues with the two apps you mentioned then it wouldn't hurt to continue using iOS8 beta 2. If it weren't for the fact that it wouldn't allow me to answer calls consistently, I would still be running beta 2.
    Had the same call answering issue. Back to 7.1.1 for now. I am using a Verizon 5S
    06-28-2014 09:08 AM
  2. matthewjagiela's Avatar
    To be honest I would wait because if Apple keeps the 2 week schedule we should be seeing beta 3 on Tuesday I believe which should fix a lot of issues that everyone has. However third party app problems are a different story. I have problems with Skype but I cannot go back to 7.1 because I simply love the features of iOS 8
    06-28-2014 03:01 PM
  3. jsntrenkler's Avatar
    If you're only having issues with the two apps you mentioned then it wouldn't hurt to continue using iOS8 beta 2. If it weren't for the fact that it wouldn't allow me to answer calls consistently, I would still be running beta 2.
    I agree, I am anxious to see if Beta 3 fixes the call answering bug, that was making me crazy!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-28-2014 05:19 PM
  4. OZsMac's Avatar
    For me, my iphone is fine with beta 2 (5S), however it's my iPad that is causing me to think about heading back to 7.1.1. Key issues are:

    Unreliable hotspot
    Unreliable wifi network connectivity (reboot fixes it)
    app switch and home screen gestures stop working from time to time, seems auto correct goes south at the same time (turn off and on seems to clear this fault)

    I'm 50/50 right now, hoping for beta 3 in the next few days that might fix, else I'll likely head back to 7.1.1.
    06-29-2014 06:53 AM
  5. jaleelhamid's Avatar
    i went back to 7.1 iOS 8 isn't as big as i was hoping for like iOS 6 and 7 so I'm going to wait for public release
    06-29-2014 11:52 AM
  6. ghostface147's Avatar
    I had to go back because of DashCommand not working. I plan to let my development membership expire and just wait for public release or latch onto another dev.
    06-29-2014 10:38 PM
  7. OZsMac's Avatar
    That's my decision made, back to 7.1.1 until beta 3 (rumor has it due on the 8th of July).

    No big deal, downgrade and restore process is quick and painless.
    06-30-2014 05:33 PM
32 12

Similar Threads

  1. NFC and e mail notifications
    By ep1 in forum iPhone 5s
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 11:51 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-28-2014, 01:30 AM
  3. iPod touch: Who is it best for and why?
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2014, 07:32 AM
  4. Walmart drops iPhone 5s to $99, iPhone 5c to $29
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2014, 12:32 AM
  5. How to work around the current Podcast app crashing bug
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD