Do you have any tips for installing iOS 8 beta?

TheFallenTitan

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Im new to downloading these betas and i have a fairly new iPhone and im unsure of whether i should download this beta or not. Id really like to get this iOS asap but i fear it will mess up my phone. Any tips or 'need-to-knows?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Understand from the start that it is "beta". In other words, it is an unfinished product.
2. If you don't have a device to experiment with it, I do not recommend you install it on your primary iPhone.
3. Just because it is stable on someone else's device doesn't mean it will be stable on yours.
4. If you do opt to install it, be sure you create both an iCloud and an iTunes backup of your current setup.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Im new to downloading these betas and i have a fairly new iPhone and im unsure of whether i should download this beta or not. Id really like to get this iOS asap but i fear it will mess up my phone. Any tips or 'need-to-knows?

1. Understand from the start that it is "beta". In other words, it is an unfinished product.
2. If you don't have a device to experiment with it, I do not recommend you install it on your primary iPhone.
3. Just because it is stable on someone else's device doesn't mean it will be stable on yours.
4. If you do opt to install it, be sure you create both an iCloud and an iTunes backup of your current setup.

And make sure your device's UDID is registered.

(reference: http://forums.imore.com/ios-8/291719-ios-8-activation-error.html)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2