iOS 8 Beta 2 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockee

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Interesting, mine looks like this (I cropped out my contacts because they have pictures associated with them and I didn't want to photoshop)
It could be something with international or the device you are running. I am personally running on an iPhone 5s

Maybe it's because I'm in West Virginia /=

On iPhone 5S with Verizon.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am anxious to see how many issues Beta 3 fixes, I really miss iOS 8 (Hope they fix the call answering bug so I can upgrade again)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been hearing that beta 3 might not come out until July 8th...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

matthewjagiela

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been hearing that beta 3 might not come out until July 8th...

I doubt this. That would but it at 3 weeks and with the number of bugs being reported (some major) I believe they will keep to the 2 week schedule. Plus in a bug reply they said beta 3 was coming soon and that was 2 weeks ago.... I hope they fix some bugs although I don't have some major ones others are having.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 8 Beta 2 - Messaging Bug

I am a frequent user of group messaging and noticed they have either removed features or I am missing something. I've talked with my best friend Google and apparently no one is having this issue? :confused:

Beta 1 - Swipe down to change the "Subject"/Group Name
Beta 2 - Not an option

Beta 1 - Option to leave a group
Beta 2 - Not an option

This is with new groups, I have a few old ones that show the "Subject", but no option to change it. I do get a pop-up every once in awhile that says;
"New Message from John Bug
To view this message , turn on Data Roaming in Cellular Settings you have a total of 87 unviewed MMS messages."

This is turned on in my case. :sarcastic:

Anyone else reproduce this or have suggestions?

Thanks,

Rockee

As for the 2nd part of the things not working on beta 2, there has to be more thankful 2 other people in the group for you to leave.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I doubt this. That would but it at 3 weeks and with the number of bugs being reported (some major) I believe they will keep to the 2 week schedule. Plus in a bug reply they said beta 3 was coming soon and that was 2 weeks ago.... I hope they fix some bugs although I don't have some major ones others are having.

Maybe is coming out on Monday.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
When accessing the camera from the lock screen, it just crashes and goes back to the lock screen. Sometimes it works but I can't switch to the FaceTime camera.

matthewjagiela

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
My camera doesn't crash

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Mine crashes sometimes but only when trying to take a picture sliding the lock screen. Otherwise it works fine I can always get to the app. The crashing happens totally at random. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
In Skype, when I type a message and hit send, the text box disappears. I have to exit out and open the conversation again and then hit send for the message to send. Is this happening to anyone else?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It takes a minute to boot my iPod. On iOS 7 it took about 7 seconds. Beta 1 had a faster boot time too.

I just timed mine:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404061667.067002.jpg
From the Apple logo to the lock screen. Only using 3.6 GB out of 27.5 GB storage too.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

matthewjagiela

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
In Skype, when I type a message and hit send, the text box disappears. I have to exit out and open the conversation again and then hit send for the message to send. Is this happening to anyone else?
Yes this happens to me all the time and it's quite annoying. I hope they find some way to fix it in the beta period...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner