iOS 8 Beta 2 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SithToast

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
EDIT: I got it! Just had to reset network settings.

Is it just me or voicemail borked in these betas? I have been trying to set mine up, but I get an error message that says:

Voicemail Unavailable
Unable to connect.
Try again later.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I had an issue yesterday that appeared to be related to "continuity" "hand off" between my iPhone 5S and iPad Mini (both running iOS 8B2). When I double-clicked the home button on my phone to access the task switcher, there was an extra screen to the left of the home screen representation that showed an iMessages issue on the iPad MiniR. Despite that being on the phone, there was no indication of a "continuity" event on the iPad, and no clicking, tapping or scrolling would activate anything on either device. I also know that when that screen showed up in the task switcher, the battery meter on the iPhone 5S was dropping like a rock. I did a screen shot, captured my logs and then rebooted the iPhone. The issue disappeared and has not returned.

I also submitted the event to Apple via the Bug Reporter function within the dev portal. Curious, though, if anyone else has seen this. And for those experiencing really bad battery life, you might check to see if that’s your issue.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just want to mention that I don't use iCloud so that might be why I don't have so many problems

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Even though there haven't been any random crashes. Beta 2 has been worse than beta 1. Too many things aren't working.

Wow. I see such disparity in the reports.

I don’t have anything that even approaches a serious bug in beta 2. Sure, there are little thing and things that annoy me, but it’s nothing that I can’t live with, even in a day to day basis. I have found myself using my test device more and more as a daily driver. For me, at least, it’s that stable and reliable. But I also see reports like these.

It’s certainly interesting, to say the least.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I see such disparity in the reports.

I don?t have anything that even approaches a serious bug in beta 2. Sure, there are little thing and things that annoy me, but it?s nothing that I can?t live with, even in a day to day basis. I have found myself using my test device more and more as a daily driver. For me, at least, it?s that stable and reliable. But I also see reports like these.

It?s certainly interesting, to say the least.

It's quickly changing. This keyboard just pops up at the bottom of everything I open.
apypasun.jpg

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I think I have to say goodbye to iOS 8 beta 2 for now as I just restored back to 7.1.1 n have my untethered jailbreak so yh until I'm updated with another beta . Maybe 4

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that the lock screen does not respond to any touch screen input when you receive a notification, the weird part is notifications for messages are fine but any other type of notification it won't respond.

Edit: this only applies when you first receive the notification, if you wake the iOS device after it's fine.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that the lock screen does not respond to any touch screen input when you receive a notification, the weird part is notifications for message are fine but any other type of notification it won't respond.

When I slide to open a messages notification in the messages app, it just takes me to the home screen.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had to turn it off and then back on again in settings.

I don't even use Siri, it makes my iPod lag a little bit and where I am the "time to first bit" on 3G is so high (upto 1 to 5 minutes) Siri is useless on my iPhone.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Nothing major for me but I have noticed my iCloud backup isn't running automatically. If I manually do it then it will but not while my phone is locked and charging.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR