iOS 8 Beta 2 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just did the same thing, kept missing phone calls. Often times the phone wouldn't even ring I would then be greeted with a voicemail alert several hours later. Was fine and dandy until my boss tried to reach me. Bad part is I still find myself trying to swipe iMessages to respond from the lock screen, boy do I miss that feature. Perhaps beta 3 will be better or I may just wait until GM for stability. I also downgraded my iPad Air as well as my Macbook Pro from Yosemite ... (Battery life was real bad on yosemite, was afraid I may add additional strain to the battery)

Same here. I need the stability of 7.1.1, but miss the features if iOS 8...:)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just finished reverting back to 7.1.1 and am in the process of setting my device up as new. I started having increasing problems answering incoming calls. If it weren't for that, I might have continued using beta 2, but hey, I can't be missing phone calls...:)

If I had trouble answering phone calls I would downgrade too. I hope they fix that in the next beta.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Natt Moore

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1403382232.792423.jpg
Not able to edit photos. Just me?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1403382181.247376.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1403382181.247376.jpg
    757.3 KB · Views: 49

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I just remembered to tell you guys this. It's been in the messages app since beta 1. Press and hold on the camera button and you get the option to send a video.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
I've been have the voice control issue with Siri too, not in relation to Bluetooth or a car just in general. Sometimes I try to use Siri and voice control comes up. A reboot usually temporarily solves it.

Fx Kmd

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
If I had trouble answering phone calls I would downgrade too. I hope they fix that in the next beta.

They fixed it with beta 2. I still have problem with whatsapp... Its very annoying

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
They fixed it with beta 2. I still have problem with whatsapp... Its very annoying

The problem with Whatsapp are likely to continue until ios8 is officially released and the whatsapp developers can release an update to fix the bugs

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yup! Whatsapp developers only have one app but are too slow to update it! Weird

Developers don't have to update their apps just to make it work on a beta versions of iOS. It's the developers choice weather or not to update their app now or wait for the GM release.

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Developers don't have to update their apps just to make it work on a beta versions of iOS. It's the developers choice weather or not to update their app now or wait for the GM release.

Developers are supposed to use the beta period to make updates to their apps so that they will work on iOS 8. However, Apple will not let any updates to be released in the app store with iOS 8 API's until the software is officially released. That's why you usually have a ton of app updates available after a new version of the OS is released.

If apps don't work say in beta 1 but work in beta 2, this is not because the developer updated the app, it because Apple changed something in the iOS 8 beta code that allows the app to function again.

~S

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I gave beta 2 another shot for a couple of days. Last night I charged phone completely before bed and it was at 100%. Woke up today and it was at 59%. Battery is too wonky. Still running iOS 8 on my testing device(no sim) but no more on my primary device.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I gave beta 2 another shot for a couple of days. Last night I charged phone completely before bed and it was at 100%. Woke up today and it was at 59%. Battery is too wonky. Still running iOS 8 on my testing device(no sim) but no more on my primary device.

Weird, I don't have battery issues since beta 2. Beta 1 on the other hand, was a real battery draining one

qu2azene.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR