iOS 8 Beta 2 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Mobile Data/4G seems to be a bit buggy.

In iOS 7 whenever I was connected to 4G it'd say "4G" at the top, in beta 2 it seems to fluctuate from 4G to LTE. Same thing seems to happen in the Cellular settings. Turning off LTE shuts 3G off too, where as before 3G came under "mobile data"

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced the status bar changing size in the lock screen?? Should be bigger than when the phone is unlocked

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Yes, I've noticed that. It's been that way since iOS 7. I read somewhere (sorry I don't remember exactly) that it's not anymore in iOS 8 beta 1, but that's untrue in my experience

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Definitely going back to 7.1.1 for now until Beta 3 is released. Lots of issues like ghostface described and I'm in no mood to restore as new just to run a beta. I think I submitted a record number of bug reports on the dev site in one night in my own history lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Definitely going back to 7.1.1 for now until Beta 3 is released. Lots of issues like ghostface described and I'm in no mood to restore as new just to run a beta. I think I submitted a record number of bug reports on the dev site in one night in my own history lol

I just finished reverting back to 7.1.1 and am in the process of setting my device up as new. I started having increasing problems answering incoming calls. If it weren't for that, I might have continued using beta 2, but hey, I can't be missing phone calls...:)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had many problems with my iPod touch, I did a clean install of beta 1 and did an OTA to beta 2. I was thinking of downgrading but my friend wants me to test his app, but since vpn is not working for me I can't test his app so I could downgrade until beta 3. But I'm going to try and push though this beta since I have it installed on my spare device

In other news I manage to reactive my dev account (yay) and added my 5S for later betas. Bug reporter still crashes when I login though.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any luck doing a fresh install. When I attempt restore from backup, I can't see any of my backups on icloud. So I put the phone in recovery mode, re-installed iOS 7.1.1 from backup, then upgraded instead of restore and it worked almost flawlessly. iOS 8 has improved a lot since beta one.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any luck doing a fresh install. When I attempt restore from backup, I can't see any of my backups on icloud. So I put the phone in recovery mode, re-installed iOS 7.1.1 from backup, then upgraded instead of restore and it worked almost flawlessly. iOS 8 has improved a lot since beta one.

Thanks for reminding me to use DFU mode for restoring. That's what I forgot when I updated to beta 2 with iTunes.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for reminding me to use DFU mode for restoring. That's what I forgot when I updated to beta 2 with iTunes.

I just shift+click restore and select the ipsw file, I've had no major issues so far.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I just shift+click restore and select the ipsw file, I've had no major issues so far.

I'm superstitious when it comes to bugs on my device. I always blame myself if I encounter them when no one else does.

Today, for example, I had to restart my device 3 times. First my 5:s (A1457) crashed while a friend was calling me over FaceTime Audio, then later in the day I suddenly lost 4G and in settings under general it was replaced by 3G, and as last, Tapatalk suddenly logged me out and I had to force close it and open it again to stay logged in. I truly hope this will all be over now.

And is it just me or is there a bigger ping time while doing something on the internet? Somehow Tapatalk displays threads very slow. I can take time up to 1 minute before I can post goes through. And no, it's not my internet, 'cause it happens on cellular data and other with wifi as well.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I just finished reverting back to 7.1.1 and am in the process of setting my device up as new. I started having increasing problems answering incoming calls. If it weren't for that, I might have continued using beta 2, but hey, I can't be missing phone calls...:)
i did the same thing cause ive missed 2 calls due to only vibrating and black screen and 3 calls due to just not being able to answer it when it was ringing right in my hand and trying to slide to answer. so back to 7.1.1 til beta3 or maybe beta4

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I used my iPad on iOS 8 Beta 2 about an hour ago and it was fine. I just tried to use it again and it was utterly, utterly unresponsive. A soft reset did nothing. I couldn't turn it off, only reboot it, nor would the screen or home button work at all.

It wasn't recognised in iTunes either.

I had to put it into Recovery mode and I am currently restoring it as 7.1.1.

I have no idea what caused it at all.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the low battery alert now doesn't pause videos at all vs iOS 7 where it would pause the video then when you hit dismiss resume the video. I like that change.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
On my retina iPad Mini, I keep getting prompted to allow the weather app to always use my location - the message is in the context of providing data for the Notification Center. Despite telling it to ALWAYS use my location for weather, I continue to be prompted for this permission every time I reboot or wake my iPad up. I am thinking that it’s because there is no native weather app on the iPad. Interestingly enough, I have 4 weather apps installed (Yahoo Weather, AccuWeather, Weather Live and Perfect Weather), and the information that is displayed in the Notification Center doesn’t match the current conditions, temp and projected high for the day from any of the four.

I have reported both issues, but am curious if anyone else is seeing anything like this, and also wondering where the weather info on the NC is actually coming from.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
On my retina iPad Mini, I keep getting prompted to allow the weather app to always use my location - the message is in the context of providing data for the Notification Center. Despite telling it to ALWAYS use my location for weather, I continue to be prompted for this permission every time I reboot or wake my iPad up. I am thinking that it?s because there is no native weather app on the iPad. Interestingly enough, I have 4 weather apps installed (Yahoo Weather, AccuWeather, Weather Live and Perfect Weather), and the information that is displayed in the Notification Center doesn?t match the current conditions, temp and projected high for the day from any of the four.

I have reported both issues, but am curious if anyone else is seeing anything like this, and also wondering where the weather info on the NC is actually coming from.

The weather info is now from the weather channel not yahoo

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I just did the same thing, kept missing phone calls. Often times the phone wouldn't even ring I would then be greeted with a voicemail alert several hours later. Was fine and dandy until my boss tried to reach me. Bad part is I still find myself trying to swipe iMessages to respond from the lock screen, boy do I miss that feature. Perhaps beta 3 will be better or I may just wait until GM for stability. I also downgraded my iPad Air as well as my Macbook Pro from Yosemite ... (Battery life was real bad on yosemite, was afraid I may add additional strain to the battery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods