iOS 8 Beta 2 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Instagram when you use autofilled hashtags or usernames in comments the comment you're typing disappears
Background and Wallpapers previews don't show the wallpapers currently in use

Does anyone feel like Apple fixes the bugs and pushes it to your account. I feel like ever since iOS 7 I would submit a bug report and then after a couple days sometimes the bugs would just go away. It's like they push it to your device to see if you'll still keep complaining or you'll mark it resolved and then they'll roll it into the OS. It's just a feeling I get. lol *looks around nervously*

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It's asking for my icloud password every few hours and the microphone next to the space key disappears from time to time in some apps.

Somehow Tapatalk feels a lot slower with this beta, it takes a long time before threads will
load.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I have a 5S (A1457)

I got asked for my iCloud password after every reboot

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
nah I'm used to betas but I did chuckle that it was ringing without a way to pick it up. It made me almost wish I could have videotaped it.

I wasn't referring to "freak out" as in panic, but more of a "what the heck! How in the heck am I suppose to answer this call"....lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
i did a clean install and put my backup back. Do you think somehow the bugs in beta 1 were imported that way? or that it is causing a lot issues?

This is my daily driver and it would cost me a lot of time and effort to get everything back to it's current state.

Try hooking up to iTunes unsync Tones, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Books, Podcasts, iTunes U, Photos pretty much everything except apps. Then reboot then sync them back to the device one by one. So do a sync for Tones. When it's complete do a sync for Music etc. I've found that it helps clear up the stability like maybe some of the data is getting corrupted during the processes.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This ^^^. Stuff happens,

Personally, I have had no major issues, so far. But some folks do. Some of them figure it out. Others freak out. My point is simply this: it?s beta. For a reason. It?s not ready for prime time yet. Just a word to the wise.

Personally I have a MBP and Retina Mini so I could go for a week without my iPhone. My iPhone is also my own personal device it's used for work but only because it makes things easier for me not because it's essential. So if something stops working I can figure it out or just reload the OS. I run betas because I want to spot bugs and make suggestions of features that could be implimented to make the OS better. It benefits me and the platform which I love. Anyone who needs their device like it is necessary for work or it's assigned by work then I think it's a risk using the betas on the device.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Try hooking up to iTunes unsync Tones, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Books, Podcasts, iTunes U, Photos pretty much everything except apps. Then reboot then sync them back to the device one by one. So do a sync for Tones. When it's complete do a sync for Music etc. I've found that it helps clear up the stability like maybe some of the data is getting corrupted during the processes.

I will do this when the final release gives troubles or feels unstable. I can live with it right now

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Huh... Apparently my dev account expired back in April (I knew I was forgetting something)... That might explain why bug reporter keeps crashing when I login. I guess my friend renewed my device to test his app again this year. (For those wondering how I download the beta firmwares, my computer refuses to download files that end in dmg no matter what browser I use, so my friend just sends me the ipsw file that is in the dmg file)

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I had to get rid of beta 2 due to my favourite game being released today , by no luck it didn't work on beta 2 as expected.
I've been eye balling this game ever since these guys started working on it last year on touch arcade.
The game is called " God fire".
I'll advise y'all to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't there in beta 1 either. As of right now there isn't a way to turn it on. If it was available, you could pull down NC > click edit > & the weather option would be there,

To get the weather to show in NC, you have to actually go to the weather app itself and let it detect your location. The next time you open NC it will show up. I guess it does automatically pull it in the beta yet I guess

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it's been posted, but notifications has been shotty in Beta 2. Particularly with Messages. When I receive a new message the notification bar appears, but doesn't go away for quite some time (if ever). I can't even swipe down to QR or swipe up to dismiss it. The only way it goes away is if i actually click the notification and it whisks me away to the respective app. Any one else noticing this??

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
And for some reason I keep getting this screen when accessing the Mail app. Anyone else getting this?

ujeqyneh.jpg

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
And for some reason I keep getting this screen when accessing the Mail app. Anyone else getting this?

Are you reporting these issues to Apple? You can use the bug reporter app on the device or the dev portal. As a dev, and a beta tester, it’s your duty to report this stuff. How else will it get fixed?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it's been posted, but notifications has been shotty in Beta 2. Particularly with Messages. When I receive a new message the notification bar appears, but doesn't go away for quite some time (if ever). I can't even swipe down to QR or swipe up to dismiss it. The only way it goes away is if i actually click the notification and it whisks me away to the respective app. Any one else noticing this??

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/20/ujeqyneh.jpg

If you haven't already, try a reboot.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Are you reporting these issues to Apple? You can use the bug reporter app on the device or the dev portal. As a dev, and a beta tester, it?s your duty to report this stuff. How else will it get fixed?

I have been reporting them, just wanted to see if anyone else has been having the troubles as well. This is a feedback thread as well, so just hitting all the areas I can.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I must say, this has been a terrible beta for me. Safari crashes, screen freezes with control center, screen refuses to turn on, hard resets. I know what I signed up for, so I ain't worried about it. It's part of the process.

apbthe3

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is the Emergency Card available on the lockscreen for anyone or has that feature not been rolled out yet? It doesn't seem to work for me.

Natt Moore

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
It wasn't there in beta 1 either. As of right now there isn't a way to turn it on. If it was available, you could pull down NC > click edit > & the weather option would be there,

Make sure location services are on for it then open weather and it should come up in the notification bar

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.