iOS 8 Beta 2 for devs available for download. Bugs/Feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I rechecked my battery usage just today. Even just yesterday when I checked it was 24hours & 6 days just this morning when I rechecked it has changed from 24hours & 7 days
ryzatysy.jpg

iPhone 5S using tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
i did a clean install and put my backup back. Do you think somehow the bugs in beta 1 were imported that way? or that it is causing a lot issues?

This is my daily driver and it would cost me a lot of time and effort to get everything back to it's current state.

This is why I refuse to run any beta on my daily driver. Stuff can (usually does) go wrong at some point, and it IS your daily driver. Be smart. Don’t do it.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
This is why I refuse to run any beta on my daily driver. Stuff can (usually does) go wrong at some point, and it IS your daily driver. Be smart. Don?t do it.

What kind of issues?
Let's us all know then if they are the same issues we all have you will know it's a general thing if not then don't you think you did something wrong?

iPhone 5S using tapatalk

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Just had a catastrophic failure, lol. Mail app would not open and most settings panel items were non-responsive. Data over wifi and LTE stopped working after a few hours too. Would work for a couple minutes after reboot, then stop again. Restore didn't work either, so I needed to do a DFU mode recovery. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
What kind of issues?
Let's us all know then if they are the same issues we all have you will know it's a general thing if not then don't you think you did something wrong?

Just had a catastrophic failure, lol. Mail app would not open and most settings panel items were non-responsive. Data over wifi and LTE stopped working after a few hours too. Would work for a couple minutes after reboot, then stop again. Restore didn't work either, so I needed to do a DFU mode recovery. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!

This ^^^. Stuff happens,

Personally, I have had no major issues, so far. But some folks do. Some of them figure it out. Others freak out. My point is simply this: it’s beta. For a reason. It’s not ready for prime time yet. Just a word to the wise.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It wasn't there in beta 1 either. As of right now there isn't a way to turn it on. If it was available, you could pull down NC > click edit > & the weather option would be there,

Weather in NC works just fine here
ube9y6ug.jpg

Ps: temp is in Celsius. It's not like I live in Siberia or something 😂

Last edited:

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
When I pull down the NC go to edit I can't find any weather buh I just realized the weather appeared like this afternoon after I switched from wifi to my cellular data
ma9a2uge.jpg
are2upyg.jpg

iPhone 5S using tapatalk

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, my iPhone 5s decided to kill its lock button and stopped working so i sent it in to Apple, and they were all surprised when they saw me with iOS 8 so they asked me to prove i was a developer so i did, and they shut up. haha.
Anyway, now that i got a brand new replacement, i was shocked when i saw that it's come with iOS 7.0.4 so that means i'm going back to the jailbreak world for now, and leaving iOS 8 on my iPad's and my iPhone 5.
Oh well, might come back in Beta 3 or 4 :p
See ya guys!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, my iPhone 5s decided to kill its lock button and stopped working so i sent it in to Apple, and they were all surprised when they saw me with iOS 8 so they asked me to prove i was a developer so i did, and they shut up. haha.
Anyway, now that i got a brand new replacement, i was shocked when i saw that it's come with iOS 7.0.4 so that means i'm going back to the jailbreak world for now, and leaving iOS 8 on my iPad's and my iPhone 5.
See ya guys!

Nice

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The keyboard is buggy, only sometimes it works. When I type autocorrect disappears; and the field where you type jumps as I type.

I had to keep entering my APN so that I'd have working service (tmobile).

Snapchat wont let me record video (camera).

On Instagram my uploading photos won't align properly.

Camera app will open but the screen will be black. Trying to use it from the lockscreen is out of the question.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
See ya guys!

I wish I never wiped mine out for this. I said I would wait until 3 or 4 myself but didn't.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The keyboard is buggy, only sometimes it works. When I type autocorrect disappears; and the field where you type jumps as I type.

this happens to me only in Tapatalk, when I force close it and reopen, the keyboard works for a while again

On Instagram my uploading photos won't align properly.
This was in beta 1 the same as well for me

Camera app will open but the screen will be black. Trying to use it from the lockscreen is out of the question.

reopening the camera app works in both cases for me.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah In fact the keyboard is just buggy with more chat apps. Viber, Skype n so on. But will manage it for now . I like the fact that my battery is smh improved

iPhone 5S using tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR